The kids were also very bummed by this. They did not want to get back in the van and drive anywhere! Getting ready to go was a chore in itself. At one point Glenn(11) came to me and said, "Max(6) needs your help. He has diarrhea." I asked him back, "How am I supposed to help him? I can't do it for him." I came down stairs and said encouraging things to Max while he took care of business.
Being a mom is hard. It would not be so hard if being a homemaker didn't come with it. For example, being on the trip was not too hard. All I had to worry about was the kids. I didn't have to worry about cleaning my house, grocery shopping, what was for dinner etc.
We finally got to the van and on the road. I suggested, as we got on the freeway that we just drive back to Utah. Lily(9) almost threw a fit. She had plenty of arguments against that idea. Once at Costco Harrison(3) threw the normal fit against getting into the cart. He is against any kind of restraint. He wanted to ride on the flat bed push cart thingy. Max tells me that, "Dad let us do that last time." Well, that's just great!! Just what I need. Too bad. Glenn ran into a cement wall and hurt his shin, Harrison is SCREAMING, Lily is running around yelling, "Where is MAX?!" And Maxwell is nowhere in sight! These are all VERY good signs that I should go directly back to the van and go home! Who cares if we have milk, or eggs or food in general?
I stupidly pushed forward and went inside.
I rushed as fast as I could. Harrison was SO tired (he woke up two hours too early today) and wouldn't stop screaming. Thank heavens the older kids were so good. Harrison woke up Bennett, who was trying so hard to stay asleep. I had two items left on the list when Max informs me his tummy hurts and he needs a bathroom NOW. So I sent Glenn with him, and Lily followed, taking my coupons with her! ARHG!! I went and paid, the kids met me in line at the food court. Harrison is still screaming and shoving his fingers up Happy Bennett's(5 months) nose and mouth.
I rushed as fast as I could. Harrison was SO tired (he woke up two hours too early today) and wouldn't stop screaming. Thank heavens the older kids were so good. Harrison woke up Bennett, who was trying so hard to stay asleep. I had two items left on the list when Max informs me his tummy hurts and he needs a bathroom NOW. So I sent Glenn with him, and Lily followed, taking my coupons with her! ARHG!! I went and paid, the kids met me in line at the food court. Harrison is still screaming and shoving his fingers up Happy Bennett's(5 months) nose and mouth.
We finally get to a table with food. Thank Heavens. Things are going so well that I decide I can take out Bennett and hold him while we eat. Max eats 3/4's of a giant slice of cheese pizza and says, "I need to throw up." I exclaim, "Glenn! Run! Take Max to the bathroom. Max takes off, Glenn stops to take a drink, I hear Lily exclaim, "EWWW!! GROSS!!" I turn and see Max spewing all over in front an OLD man who is trying to eat a giant slice of cheese pizza. Poor old man! The man yells, "Quick, young lady, get some paper towels!" I was already over there. I put Bennett in his car seat with out buckling him in. Lily drags the seat to me and he is almost completely slid out. I get it all under control. The Costco guy who came to clean it up asked if he would like another slice! I looked at him like he was dumb, I'm sure. He said, "We always offer a new one when something spills." I respond, "UH - so you didn't hear? It's a throw up mess." The guy looks disgusted at the thought that he is the one who gets to clean it up and says, "UH - I better go get gloves." Uh - yeah, good idea.
So, I helped clean it up, things are OK, I thought we should get out now! The kids help me clear our table when Max spills a full cup of root beer all over!! Luckily the mop guy was still there and just finishing up Max's throw up.
I am glad to be home now, and I don't think I will be leaving for a LONG time.
3 comments:
Wow. Your life is hell. After reading that I am curled up in a fetal position sucking my thumb.
Oh Corinne! So sad! I think I may have been in tears after all that! I really really LOVE when I get to go grocery shopping without kids! That is my little form of heaven. haha!
Yes, I want to cry for you! It's comforting to know other people have days like that. You made it home safely! There you go. The only positive thing I could come up with. Oh, and you have food :)
-Alyssa
Post a Comment