Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving BABY!!!!

Thanksgiving was at my house this year.  There were 12 people all together.  That is relatively small.  Last time I hosted Thanksgiving dinner we had 19 guests.  It was an awesome day!!!  It was also Harrison's fourth birthday, so we had candles in the pie and opened presents after dinner.

Bennett was so fussy and tired when the crowd arrived.  So grandpa gave him a pen, and for some reason that put him to sleep.


For some reason, I have no pictures of the actual dinner.  I know it's because I was running around like a turkey with his head cut off, pun intended.  Anyways, we had Harrison open his presents after dinner.




He is opening some John Deere tractors that Jason got years ago, when he worked John Deere.  Jason finally decided that this was the time and child to give them too.  Harrison was thrilled!!!

Opening his Buzz Light Year Snuggie - that's right, a blanket with sleeves!!!  Needless to say, He LOVES it!
His favorite present by far was the big one.  It was a Star Wars Clone Trooper Blaster aka GUN!  He LOVES it.  The problem is that Max really loves it too, so they spent the next 3 days fighting over it.  It was a lovely end to the Holiday weekend.

Mom, Bailey and Garrett (Bailey's fiance) skyping with Brooke, who is in Australia.  Bailey got to show off her ring to the Aussie's.

THE PIES!!!!
Maybe the most important part of the day!

blueberry sour cream - made by Corinne Decorated by Kylie

Dutch Apple and Pear Custard - made by Corinne

Chocolate Chess and Blackberry  - made by Corinne
























Close up the pretty blackberry pie



Cherry Pie  - made by Corinne
Washington Nut and Pumpkin Pies - made by mom (Cindy)

All the lovely pies!!!

After Dinner and Dessert play time on the Wii with Uncle Jackson.

Benny getting some cream from Aunt Kylie's finger.  He really liked this!


Getting Drunker...

Smacking his delicious lips...hmmmm...

In a blinding sugar coma at this point.  I think she fed him a whole container of whipped cream.

At one particularly stressed out point I found Harrison stuck in the baby swing.  I will admit that I left him stuck in there for about 10 minutes before getting him out.  You can tell by his face that he was bummed to find himself stuck.


I told him I wouldn't get him out unless he would smile.  So he gave me this great smile.



1 comment:

Paige said...

Ok, so I'm definitely needing a refresher course on my pie crusts. I got one from grandma years ago and they still taste delicious but they are a MESS and just generally hideous which, as you know, is very hard for me to handle. I would, almost sacrifice taste for aesthetic. Almost. Bah! Anyway.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...