My life is full of excitement. Rasing four little boys and a little girl leads to some very fun times!
A few days ago I was in Target with Harrison and Bennett. I was doing my best to hurry. I was looking on the shelf for the right razor cartridges, all my attention was focused on that. I finally turned and saw that Bennett's top of his head was soaked. Foamy liquid was dripping down his face. It was saliva... Harrison's saliva! Harrison was SO pleased to see my horrified face. I was SO upset. I wonder how many times Harrison had to spit on his head to get it that wet!
It reminded me of the time when Harrison was about 18 months old and fresh out of the bath. Maxwell, who was four at the time, peed all over Harrison, from the top bunk. Nice target practice. So do I get upset with Max for teaching Harrison to do those sorts of things? Or is Harrison to blame? Really.
Later that day, Harrison came into the kitchen where I was making dinner. He was wearing my slippers and carrying my new purse over his shoulder. He asked, "Do I look Stupid?" I assured him he didn't then asked for my slippers and told him to put my purse away. I am still wondering if he was implying that I look stupid.
Right after Harrison left the kitchen Glenn, my 11 year old, came in and asked me to help him with his spelling words. So, I was calling them out, using them in sentences etc. and he would spell them back. We got to his challenge words. Those are two words that he gets to choose on his own to add to his spelling list each week. This week he chose 'strategies' and 'neuter.' I asked him why he chose the word 'neuter.' He said he saw it in the dictionary and thought it was a cool word and good one for him to know how to spell. In his own words, "Afterall, I am going to be a vet, it would be good for me to know how to spell 'neuter.'" Then, I told him to use the two challenge words, strategies and neuter in one sentence together. His sentence was, "I thought of many strategies to calm the dog down before I neutered him."
Those are the glimpses into my life for now. More to come.
2 comments:
Awesome stories Corinne! Have fun today. Wish I was there!
Glenn's combo-challenge-word sentence got a bring-the-house-down laugh out of dad. (Mom and I were laughing pretty dang hard too.)
Post a Comment