I wanted to share this hilarious story that makes almost no sense with you. Glenn is very creative. I love this about him. Is working hard to write something good enough to get published. Good luck Glenn!
Side Note - This was an assignment for his 5th grade class, and when my sister Kylie read it she said it was like being on an Acid Trip!
The Eighth Dwarf
By Glenn Ritz
Writing Prompt – Use your imagination to create and tell about the unknown eighth dwarf. Use quotations in your story.
You know Bashful and Sneezy and Doc and Grumpy, Happy and Dopey and Sleepy too. But do you recall the most famous dwarf of all?
Nasty was as Nasty as nothing you’ve seen. He was stout with a pout and extra mean. He only went to school once and before noon and, also too soon, he was suspended and sent away with nothing else to say.
So, after he got home he listened as a song bird sang as plain as rain, a song but not very long. As beautiful as it was, it made him think.
Twas when does a bird sing a song like that for it was like nothing he’d ever heard, especially from a bird. He had to find the source of this course of melody and all the other grand music terms he just didn’t understand.
So there he stood and decided to head for the wood. He ran through the brush in a determined rush. He discovered the voice came from a fair maiden who was as beautiful as her song which turned out to be long.
And as she sang it rang in his head, “Come on how can someone as dirty, nasty, ugly and ghastly deserve to meet her whom is most likely to get married to a prince?”
After an extremely disappointing walk back, before Doc could offer, Nasty announced, “I’ve lost my appetite.” And after what he said he climbed the stairs and up to bed.
The next morning when Nasty was walking through the wood, he walked into something. Thump! “OW!!”
“Whoa! Are you OK there sonny boy? That’s why you gotta watch where you go, but not me, I’m a tree!”
“A Grandfather Tree?”
“No, I’m the grandmother tree of the forest, and I’m here to tell you that you will be there to rescue the songbird from the hawk.” Then, the tree vanished!
What did it mean to rescue the smaller bird from the hawk? When he came home he saw his brothers gathered around the fair maiden whom was in a glass container as though in an invisible coffin. He fled the sad scene.
About a few sad years passed and she didn’t change, just as if she was in a deep deep deep deep sleep. One day a pixie who was called Trixie came to Nasty and said, “Tis time. Your wish is granted. You shall become a prince and rescue the songbird. The prophecy is complete.” And then he became a prince and well you know the rest and, in the end they lived happily ever after.
4 comments:
Hahahaha! Holy Cow! I read this aloud to Mick and we loved it haha. I am a bit disturbed though that the prince charming who came and kissed Snow White and whisked her away was really "Nasty" the short, smelly, nasty dwarf... Ah sadness, the little girl in me just recoiled... hahahahha :)
Brilliant. Brooke, I think it means that he really wasn't nasty after all, except in his own mind. Hmmmm....a story of redemption, through love. Twoo Wub.
Corinne, you posted this at 2:07am!
Thanks for pointing that out mom. Kylie and I were up LATE!
that was...interesting. and VERY disturbing.
Post a Comment