For this weeks Favorite Thing I want to share with you some of my favorite soundtracks to Musicals. I know this might totally give me away, and now you will know what a big dork I am! But this is the thing.... I have ALWAYS loved musical theater. In HS I did all the shows and one in college (because that's all I had time for before I got married.)
Soundtracks to musicals are great for road trips. Our whole family will sing along with them in the car. I love that you don't have to be a good singer to sing along, because it's all about the FUN music. I also love that some how my kids seem more cultured because they know this music. And one more thing before I tell you what my favorites are - I love it that my kids ask me to sing things like "Edelweiss" and "I Could've Danced All Night" when I tuck them in at night.
These are not listed in any order of importance. So here are our family's top 10 favorites.
#1 - The Sound of Music
#2 - My Fair Lady
#3 - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
#4 - Suesical the Musical (This has become a recent favorite, Lily had a part in the show this last year at Gresham HS.)
#5 - Les Miserables
#6 - Wicked (maybe our MOST favorite!)

#7 - Fiddler on the Roof
#8 - Across the Universe (This is not a "musical theater" - it is a "musical movie" written with all Beatles music - really fun to sing along with!)
#9 - All the HS Musical's (Don't judge me! They are super fun soundtracks to sing along with! OK!)
#10 - Mama Mia (We love the movie soundtrack, not the stage one)
2 comments:
I cannot BELIEVE that Fiddler did not make the list. Sad.
Okay, how embarrassing. I guess I skimmed over it. hehe
Post a Comment