Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Glimpses

Most of these Glimpses are directly related to the life of my four year old.  I guess that makes sense, since he is SO full of life... and full of other things as well.  Harrison gets really excited whenever he sees someone in camouflage.  He always calls them 'army guys.'  One day he called an older guy wearing a camo hunting jacket, an army guy.  I explained that he was not an army guy, but a hunter guy.  He looked at me, schocked.  He said, "You mean he shoots the animals?!"  I said, "Yep." 
Then, he asked, "Does he shoot the animals at the zoo?"  I reassured him that he does not hunt at the zoo.  Later on we passed the same man in the store and he yelled, "Look mom!  It's the hunter!"  Now he knows the difference between Army and Hunting Camouflage.  Whenever he sees anyone wearing hunting camo, whether it be pants or coat etc. he points and loudly says, "Look, Mom!  They shoot the animals!" 

Last week my sister Kylie was here hanging out for a few days.  We were in the van and she noticed that Harrison was seriously picking/digging in his nose.  She said, "EWWWW!!  Stop that!"  And he said, "But! HEY!  There's a thing in there!"  Eventually he found the 'thing.'  We were relieved. 
At this point we were parked, facing a cemetery, waiting for the older kids to get out of school.  He wanted me to drive into the cemetery.  I explained that I couldn't and why.  Then, he kept saying over and over things like, "You mean the people there are dead?  They are buried in the ground over there?"  He wasn't upset, he was just trying to decide if we were serious or joking.

Every night my two older boys take a pill.  A chill pill - that's what we call them.  Harrison has been asking for a chill pill more and more lately.  A few nights ago he was really upset because we wouldn't give him a pill.  Max was sitting up on the counter top and excitedly explained, "Harrison!  I gotta take this pill because I have ADHD.  Do you know what that is?  You know, like when I attack you and stuff?" (Unnecessary aggression is one of Max's symptoms.)  Well, now Harrison takes a pill at night too.  He takes a Melatonin (vitamin) pill every night.  Hopefully it will help him sleep better. 



Glenn told me, as he was filling out his valentines, that he has started a business.  He is a psychologist and he has been counseling other 5th graders during the lunch recess.  He has a partner, a girl named Cece (pronounced See See) and they charge a nickle.  Our babysitter saw his business advertised on his binder and she asked for a session.  He started by saying, "OK, tell me all your problems."  And she responded with, "Well, I'm dealing with these kids that don't respect me and call me names."  He thought that sounded very tough for her.  Lily was sitting there and she said, "It's US, isn't it!?"  Glenn looked really confused, and the babysitter and Lily had a good laugh about it all.  



On Valentines Day we had heart shaped pizza for dinner.  While we were eating Lily told Glenn that he couldn't have a girlfriend till after his mission.  (I've explained in detail all my rules and regulations for dating etc. to her, but haven't needed to do that with Glenn yet.)  Glenn was really surprised, "Really?"  Then, Lily informed him that he could date when he turned 16, but only double date.  And he was really upset about that.  He said that would be humiliating.  I told him it would be better and easier that way for him.  Then, he said, "Well, do you mean I am going to have to take TWO girls on one date at the same time?!"  We all started laughing (by all, I mean myself, Jason and Lily).  Poor Glenn, he misses so much.  I asked Glenn if kids in his class were going on dates yet.  He said he didn't know, but that most of them had a boyfriend or girlfriend.  One girl had come up to him to show him the picture she had drawn on her valentines mailbox.  It was a family of cats, a dad, a mom and a baby.  The girl told him that the dad represented her boyfriend and she was the mom cat and the kitty was the baby that they would someday have.  Glenn said she sounded crazy.  He should've suggested a counseling session with himself during lunch recess.  

Last night Harrison finger painted his toothpaste all over his almost naked body.  He was in nothing but undies and he was supposed to be brushing his teeth.  I was SOOO frustrated.  I ripped his brand new Toy Story 3 toothbrush out of his hand and threw it down in the sink, as I was grabbing a wash cloth.  The toothbrush bounced out of the sink and into the toilet.  The toilet is usually closed, but it was open, because Glenn was peeing.  He kept right on peeing as we all stared at the toothbrush.  When everything caught up in my head I yelled, "STOP PEEING!"  So he did, I reached in and grabbed the toothbrush, then he continued peeing.  Tomorrow I am buying Harrison an even newer Toy Story 3 toothbrush.    

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...