Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Friday, April 22, 2011

Count Your Blessings

I just wanted to update everyone.  I went to the Doctor yesterday, after doing my 6th blood test in less than two weeks!  The last 3 weeks have been crazy.  I did write a post about this a week ago.  If you are clueless you can get the details there. 

I wanted to update everyone because I've been getting so many calls and text's.  I am doing great! My hormone levels are down to 41.  So that means NO radiation shot and NO surgery!  I have to go in for my 7th blood test in one week and hopefully it is zero so that I can put all this behind me!

Here is a list of some crazy things I did while in pain and miscarrying, all before I knew what was happening to me, of course.  I kind of wish I could have a do over.  I could've milked it SO much more if I had known!
The list -
1. The walk I thought would never end, and the day that Max was almost hit by a car.
2. Baked cookies, put half of them in the freezer.
3. Made 3 freezer meals
4. Made food and then drove the 5 kids to Bailey and Garret's good bye dinner.  Without boring you with all the details I will say that I almost lost all control of myself at the end of that night, in my sister's, in laws home.  Lily was with me and helped me to calm down.
5. Earlier on the day of the good bye dinner, I went to the gym, to a grueling spin class.  It is taught by my insane friend, Sara.  I sweat buckets and walked out in horrible pain.  The pain got worse and worse through out the day. 

After coming home from the dinner and Bailey's, I felt worse and worse physically.  That is the night I ended up in the ER.  I say thanks to Sara for pushing me over the edge that morning. 

A couple weeks ago, on Fast Sunday, my 11 year old son said, "I prayed this morning, and I'm going to count my blessings through out the day.  I want to pay extra attention to how Heavenly Father answers my prayers."  When I asked him that afternoon what the count was, he answered, "I lost count.  I have too many blessings." 

Here is a list of Blessings.
1. My amazing husband, who stayed positive the whole time.  He took off work, he never woke me up on those mornings when the pain was at it's worse.  I would wake up a couple hours later to a clean, quiet house, with the kids gone.
2. My sister, who dropped everything to come and stay on the one night Jason needed to be gone.  I stayed in my bed the whole time.  She managed all 5 kids wonderfully.  I came out of my room, after the coast was clear, the kids were in bed.  Then we had some much needed girl time. We watched Gilmore Girls and ate sushi.
3. Friends.  I have the best friends in the world!  The kind I can call in the middle of the night.  They will send over dinner without being asked. They bring fresh tulips, tied in pretty ribbon.  They bring gourmet cupcakes and pig out with you in your kitchen while you cry about what is happening, and laugh out loud over the fact that you went to a spin class in the middle of a miscarriage!  They take your kids for hours, and bring them back exhausted and ready for bed.
4. My amazing, self healing body.
5. My really sweet and supportive doctor.

I could go on forever and ever and ever and ever.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Corinne, I think YOU are amazing, and I am so glad you are through this. What an ordeal! And look what you still accomplished through it all!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

You are incredible. Even during a miscarriage, you are superwoman. Love you!

Julia Shinkle said...

Carinne thanks so much for stopping by by blog and thank for the comments...you know bloggers LOVE comments. I need to put yours on a follow too. I read a little bit about what you are going through and I am so sorry about that. I'm glad to here you are able to count your blessings through it all.

Hesses Madhouse said...

Wow! That's all I have to say. You are...Wow! I have a friend who keeps a journal of her tender mercies every night. Now, after reading your list of blessings, I'm thinking maybe I need to do that too. Thank you for your wonderful example.

Btw, I would totally bring you dinner at the drop of a hat, so don't hesitate to call me. I'm there for you girl. You just might have to wait a bit until it arrives, but I'm not THAT far away.

Sherrie said...

You are definitely amazing! I'm glad you are doing better. Love Ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...