Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Glimpses

Here are more Glimpses into my wonderful life.  I hope you enjoy them.....

Lily told me that a boy, Shawn, in her class told her that he is color blind.  And also that she didn't believe him.  I told her to be nice, and that it was entirely possible that he really is color blind, and that boys are more often color blind than girls are etc.

She looked at me with wide and crazy eyes and rambled off, "Yeah, well he also said that, 'my dad invented the 'hide a bed', my dad creates hot air balloons, I have two pet sharks and many fish - one of the fish ate one of the sharks, there are crocodiles in my house and my little brother almost fell into the crocodile aisle' (crocodile aisle is where the crocodiles live within Shawn's house), and he blew up 2 guys!!!!!"  "So WHY should I believe that he is COLOR BLIND?!??!"  At this point I was laughing too hard to respond. 


Glenn asked our babysitter if he could read his scriptures before bed.  It was past his bedtime, but she didn't know how she could possibly say no to reading the scriptures.  She said he could and then he gushed, "Oh Thanks!  I just want to return to that peaceful world of LOVE!"














My sister Kylie was sitting at our kitchen table.  Harrison came in and noticed Kylie's arm hair.  He started pulling up on it and said, "EEWWWWWWWW!!!!  That's man stuff!  Why do you have man stuff?  That is disgusting!!"  Then, he walked out of the room.  We women folk who were in there cooking Sunday Dinner, looked at each and burst with laughter.  Kylie rolled her eyes, and the next day she waxed and then shaved her arms, just for good measure.  Nothing is worse than a 4 year old commenting on your arm hair, right Ky?



Baby Bennett was still not crawling at the time of his 12 month well child check.  He's the youngest of 5, and the whole world comes to him.  My pediatrician said that if he is not crawling and even standing by his 15 month check, then I will have to take him to physical therapy.  That is only 3 months time for a LOT of growth!  I am very happy to share that he is now 13 1/2 months old and is crawling like a mad man all over the place. 


 In other news he claps, waves good bye while making a "B B B" sound, says please in sign language, and does an 'Indian Holler' or to be PC - a 'Native American Holler.'  He claps his hand over his mouth while yelling.  It is adorable!  This all started in church one Sunday when he was being really loud so I clapped my hand over his mouth and he was instantly quiet.  It was a beautiful thing.

I sat Bennett on the couch the other day for a quick second.  I posted Harrison on guard duty.  I told him, in a very excited way, that he gets to guard the prince from falling off the tower!  And Harrison got mad at me, "I don't want to guard the DUMB prince!  I WANT to guard the PRINCESS!!" Then he asked me calmly if I was the queen.  Of course, I said, "YES!"


Glenn told our babysitter that 5th graders are annoying. (He is in 5th grade by the way.) He said, "Talking to them is like speaking to a Japanese person who doesn't know English." Later on he said, "It's like they don't have any truth about them."  He also said, "It's because I use bigger words than them."
Lily and I went and picked up her friend.  When she got in car I spun around and exclaimed, "HOW IS YOU Girl FRIEND?"  Lily's friend giggled and shyly said, "I'm fine."  I then noticed Lily's MORTIFIED expression!  I don't think I have ever embarrassed her like that before.  I will admit, it was a PROUD moment for me.


Harrison was telling my sister Kylie about Bambi.  Kylie asked, "Isn't that movie sad?" He said, "NO?  No, it's not sad.  He has a mom and he has friends." 
Kylie - "Doesn't his mom die?"
Harrison - "Anyways, she um, yeah, I know, uh uh uh The Daddy dear uh the father dear, he uh came up and said, 'She's Dead.'"
He then went right back to playing with his toys.  I am interested in the fact that the death of Bambi's mother seems to have had NO affect on him.


Kylie walked into Harrison's room, and saw Bennett and Harrison on opposite sides of the room with a line down the middle.  Harrison had baby toys one side for Bennett, and all his little GI JOE'S on the other side with a huge battle ensuing.  Kylie asked him why he did that.  Harrison's answer was, "Bennett can't play with the army guys, because he'll choke on them.... and die."  What a great big brother!



4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love Lily's photo shoot. I love Glenn's use of the scriptures to gain more awake time. I love Bennett's love of reading. I love Harrison's willingness to accept the verities of life. I love it all!

Carrie said...

Love it ALL!! Your kids are so cute! Love them.

Alyssa Phair said...

HAHAHA!!! I love your blog posts about your kids. They make me laugh every time!

Brooke said...

That story about Harrison and Bambi's mom dying made me laugh out loud... literally! That is so freakin' funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...