After Tillamook, none of us felt like going home yet. So we drove up the coast and ended up in Astoria. We actually crossed the huge bridge into Washington, where Jason bought some crab cocktail.
Astoria is one of our favorite places on Earth! Jason has family there, his mom grew up there off and on. We go there whenever we can!
On this trip it was really rainy and we had given his Aunt no notice of us coming. I felt way too bad to stop in and dump our 5 children in her adorable and always spotless home. So, we drove around a bit and then got some Bow Picker for dinner. Bow Picker is the best Fish & Chips in Oregon, and probably beyond! Go there! Try it!
| (These pictures were taken August 2010) |
It is a small family business managed out of a small boat parked in an old parking lot. It is on the main drag, facing the Columbia River, across from the Maritime Museum (also a GREAT place to visit!) They use fresh tuna steaks and a secret recipe that they will give me NO hints to! When I was pregnant with Bennett, I craved it often and we had to make special trips so mama could get her some Bow Picker!
It was a yummy dinner and easy to eat in the car. Right Bailey?
(In the Summertime we pick up some fish and Chips, then take it to the beach. The two go really well together!)
The kids were super tired and fell asleep, and, or cried on the way home.
You can see the heavy rain pounding on the windows. I love road trips in our cozy vehicle, in the rain.
Don't worry, he fell asleep after doing this for about 5 minutes, though it felt like 30 minutes to all who were in the car with him. Aren't you glad that there is no sound with this picture?
THE END
4 comments:
I am glad you are documenting these experiences. Sometimes in the middle of all the bedlam you're just trying to survive and then you look back on the pics and realize what a wonderful time you had! I also love the cozy feel of driving in the rain, safe and warm......nawce.
as Harrison says: "YUMMY!!!"
Aw! Corinne! Thank you for all of these blogs!!! I LOVE reading them and still feeling connected to how you and your wonderful family are doing! We miss you guys tons and tons! I loved your posts... they just made me so happy.
Yeah I don't like her either Harrison
Post a Comment