Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Glimpses

The hours between 3 and 8 are the craziest five hours of my day, by far!  There is NO contest.  If I have a babysitter during those hours I will pay extra, because I KNOW how crazy it is!  Those five hours include homework, piano practice or lessons, dinner, chores, bedtime routines and a number of other routines and responsibilities.  You can ask my brother Jackson who only seems to ever call me during those hours.  He must think I hate him because I can never talk to him when he calls.  (Jackson, if you read this, PLEASE call me some other time during the day!)

Today the kids rushed in from school, backpacks, coats and lunchboxes were tossed onto the floor - WHY do they do this EVERY day!  They know where those things go!  Anyways, Lily was upset about something.  She threw a paper at me about the 5th graders taking a class about puberty.  It is a permission slip for me to sign.  I think she was bugged that Glenn gets to go and she doesn't.  Glenn came in and was really excited.  He asked me in a super cheery voice, "Are you going to sign the form?!"  I said, "Yes."  And then he kissed me and said, "THANK YOU!  I can't wait to learn more about that stuff!"  Which is funny, because we have already taught him everything there is to know. 

I just want to know what is wrong with my kids.  I remember being sick to my stomach and so nervous about going to that class.  I dreaded it!

While I was dealing with Lily's attitude and Glenn's excitement, Max came in with the rice cakes asking me if I had frosting to put on one of them for a snack. I said no, and that it was not a healthy choice. He was really annoyed with me.


Now on a completely different note.  Here are some miscellaneous pictures from the last month.
The boys giving Karl a bath a 'The Pup Scrub.' 

Harrison and Bennett relaxing in our swivel club chairs. 


Max LOVES to help me in the kitchen.  He got the apron for Christmas and uses it ALL the time.  I got it at IKEA.  One of the best presents EVER!

UH-OH!  Someone gave Bennett a sucker for lunch!  Like he was going to give that up!

And now here is a collage of Bennett and Karl playing at the park on a really sunny day! 


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey Corinne, did you notice that you took time to post a blog between the hours of 3 & 8? HAHAHA....priceless.
Kudos to Max for taking a semi-healthy rice cake and trying to make it taste good!
As for Glenn and Lily and the "special" class...I'm not sure which one I am more worried about!

Corinne Ritz said...

That is because Jason is home today! Otherwise it wouldn't have happened!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...