When I woke up this morning I thought, "OH NO!" I could tell right away that I was in one of those moods. A very lazy, feel like doin' nothin' mood. That mood does not go well with Monday's.
*I had a horribly negative conversation in my head. Point 1 against me.
*I had hit the snooze button 3 times. Point 2 against me.
*I got out of bed and woke up my three school aged children early enough to even take a shower if they needed. I also let the dog out.
Point 1 for me! Yay! So proud of myself for earning that first point! Huge accomplishment!
*After kids were up, I got back in bed. Point 3 against me. Oops.
*Kids fed themselves breakfast. I'm going to count that as point 2 for me, for raising such grown up and responsible children.
*My 11 year old son came up to my room exclaiming, "Sour Cream is all over the kitchen floor!" Oh darn, and just when I was about to get out of bed. I asked why there was sour cream all over the floor. He said, "Because some idiot put it right on the edge of the shelf!" Oh. 2 points against me. 1 for raising kids who use words like 'idiot' and 1 for being the idiot who put the sour cream right there.
*My 11 year old son took control of the situation and cleaned up the mess. Point 3 for me! For raising an awesome son!
*The kids missed the bus because I was not downstairs keeping time for them. Point 6 against me.
*I jumped out of bed and was rushing to get the 2 little boys dressed so I could drive the older kids to school. I ran past the stairs and looked down to see my older 3 kids kneeling down and having prayer. They place importance on family prayer in the morning, and could probably sense that I was not going to have time to call them together. 10 points for me for raising children who know the importance of prayer! (I know that I could count this against me, but it made me feel too good to see that.)
*I got the kids to school on time, and Harrison to preschool on time. Score for me! I just earned 2 points. I'm up to 15!
*For breakfast I ate left over scrambled eggs off the baby's high chair tray and a bag of Jelly Belly's left in the van, on the way to drop Harrison off. This made me feel like this...
D'oh!!!! Now I'm up to 7 points against me!
*Had left over salad, from last night's dinner, for lunch. YAY! Another point for me!
*Danced wildly with the little boys after lunch, worked up a sweat and got my heart beat up. Plus we all had tons of giggles. That felt great! 3 points for me! I'm up to 19!
*I was 15 minutes late to pick up the older kids from school. They were waiting by the office. This is a big NO NO! 2 points against me.
*Convinced 3 kids to practice piano and do homework with no arguing! My manipulation skills are improving! A point for me!
*I went crazy in the kitchen. I made chicken yakisoba for dinner. And I completed 5 freezer meals! Adding up to 7 prepared dinners in the freezer. 5 points for me.
| This is a magnet on my fridge, given to me by my sister, who loves to tease me about my obsessions. |
*Willing to take the teasing and ridicule from comment, about freezer meals. This gives me another point.
*Family Home Evening consisted of good conversation at the dinner table. I'm not counting points at all for this one. It wasn't a total failure, but we can do better.
*I invited a friend over who was struggling on a rhythm section of a song. There is stomping and clapping involved. Jason and I have performed it before and were able to help her. 1 point to me for helping a friend.
*Getting to the end of my day and realizing that I never showered and I am wearing the same sweats I put on when I woke up. 5 points against me.
*But I did read to Harrison and Bennett 3 books before bed. HA! 5 points for me!
So total? 14 points against me and 33 points for me!!!! Why on earth was I thinking so negatively all day? When I count out the score I find that I did pretty good! Time for this mama to unload the guilt, and start thinking more positively.

8 comments:
I've always wanted to learn to do freezer meals... you should talk about them on your new blog!
What a creative way to look at the day. As mom we spend a lot of time looking at the negative things of our day, but we tend to forget all the good. I love that you gave everything a point value. Such a great idea to use if you want to become a better mom, give everything points at the end of the day to see how you did and what you need to improve on; just might steal that. Hope today goes smoother. :)
YAY! 50 points to me for raising an AMAZING daughter who has learned give lots of points for GOOD things and to go easy on the negative points. The GOOD things are what matters! Yay to living a happy life! (minus 1 point for whoopin' it up.)
I've successfully taught my kids to be *ahem* "independent" in the breakfast department, too. Next year . . . THAT'S the year I'll be the good-out-of-bed-early mom, right? ;)
Hahaha ... Oh man, I loved this post... So cute, and I love the message at the end... so very true isn't it? We mothers/women can be pretty hard on ourselves. I love how at the end of this "lazy" day you still managed to make all that food... man Corinne... YOU ARE INSANE! but I love you! :)
great post.. love the idea and how it was written... family prayer on their own, amazing..
Love it! Good for you for winning the day in the end. I frequently wake up feeling this way. Glad to know I'm not alone. Guess I need to start giving myself points.
what a day! I would love your recipe for the freezer meals. It sounds good and I LOVE freezer meals.
Post a Comment