One of my best friends had a new baby on May 4th. YAY! I gotta say, if you're not going to have a new baby then the next best thing is for a best friend, or sister to have one. I LOVE getting to hold her, rub her head and smell her!
Pictures of us in the hospital. Myself, Baby Greta and the proud parents, Kevin and Alyssa.
Ten days after Greta was born we had a baby shower at my house. This is the best way to have a shower! Everyone got to come and hold the baby! It was a very fun afternoon. We ate yummy food, held the baby, caught up with old friends and played Pictionary!
Party favors were capped acetate tubes filled with pink and light green Jelly Belly's and wrapped up in toole and ribbon. They doubled as decorations, lined up across the mantle. The balloon flowers hanging in the front window were made like this. (scroll down on the link) Depending on the angle, the balloons kind of looked clusters of something else that fit into the whole theme of newborn suckling baby.
On the MENU - Banana Slush
PBD's (little shortbread cookie sandwiches)




4 comments:
Thanks for being such a great friend even after I moved away! You are wonderful and the shower was wonderful and the food (of course) was wonderful!!! I don't tell you often enough how much I appreciate everything you do, every kind word, long conversation, and overall caring for me and my family and all of my "woes". I sure am glad we were able to come over for dinner more than 3-1/2 years ago!! You are the best!
What a beautiful baby! If I had known how cute she was I would've crashed the party just to hold baby Greta! Perfect name for her. Congrats to Alyssa & Kevin!
We have the same 5 hours stretch at our house...the dropping of the shoes, backpacks and such drives me crazy! Hey I made some healthy seasame chicken and shrimp the other night...I am on a chinese food kick lately. I just breaded them in panko (sp) breadcrumbs and toasted seasame seeds after an eggwhite wash and baked them...they were so good!! And there were no leftovers at all!
YuMMY! Julia that sounds really good!
Post a Comment