Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Friday, June 17, 2011

Spinning can help you be HAPPY!

On Wednesday night the kids were wired!  They had NO MORE SCHOOL!  It was their last day.  I pulled some leftovers out of the fridge and made these taquitos for dinner.  They were DELICIOUS!!!

While I was in the kitchen working, Harrison and Bennett were doing this....



And this....







This totally made my day!  However, they made up for it later on.  I put them to bed at 8 o'clock.  I went in their room at 9, because I noticed that their light was on.  Harrison was sitting up in bed wearing nothing but his graduation cap and underwear.  He was covered in the Cars bandaids, that I had splurged on for him, like they were stickers.  The most upsetting thing was that the room smelled very strongly of lavender! 

When he had snuck into the bathroom to get the bandaids he had also grabbed my expensive little bottle of lavender oil.  He then poured it all over this bed!  I told our friends, who were there visiting, that Harrison was very lucky they were there.  I couldn't kill him because there were too many witnesses!  I was REALLY upset. 

Over the next hour I calmed down and was even able to laugh pretty hard at the very hilarious image in my head, of Harrison sitting up in bed in his graduation cap covered in Cars Bandaids!!!  I am really mad at myself now for not being calm enough to take a picture! 

The best part is, the Lavender knocked those two boys out till 8 am the next day!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

That post made me so happy! I'm glad you were able to film them while you were making delicious dinner!

Cindy said...

Corinne, when I read the title to your post "Spinning makes you happy" I thought you meant putting a spin on reality to make it look better than it really is. hahaha.....I thought maybe that was your survival techniqe for summer. :)

Corinne Ritz said...

HAHA!! Nope, I meant literally spinning can make you really happy! Though the other way makes me happy too!

Kelly said...

LOVE your stories, I need to take time to write out some of my own. You are an awesome mom!
... I thought the title "Spinning makes you happy" was going to be about you going to a 'spin work-out' to keep you happy! Hahaha We I know exercise is what keeps me happy- and sleep :) LOVE YOU

Julia said...

You always manage to find a silver lining. "...the lavender knocked those two boys out till 8 AM the next day!" = awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...