Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Monday, June 6, 2011

Thirteen YEARS!!!!


On June 5, 1998 Jason and Corinne Ritz.
Thirteen Years have passed.  You can tell by looking at us.

We are still having TONS of fun!

* A few of My favorite things about Jason are -
He is a HARD worker!  That boy can work!
He makes me laugh really hard!
He is a very goofy daddy.
He loves the Lord, and serves Him well.

I am SO grateful for our relationship and that we are growing stronger and happier each year.


Third wedding anniversary. On a Rollercoaster!

We got married and got pregnant three months later.  Baby #1 was born 3 weeks after our One year anniversary.  Nine months later guess who was pregnant again.  ME!  So I was 4 months pregnant for our Two year anniversary.  By the time our Third anniversary came around I was ready to party!  We took the kids to Grandma Ritz's in Farmington and then spent the day at Lagoon.  It was FUN!  I am a ride LOVER and Jason not so much. He got sick half way through the day, and I ran around riding all the rides I could by myself.  After being non-stop prego for 2 years it was pretty easy to let loose.  NO WAY was Jason going to hold me back, I didn't care if he was throwing up! (Don't worry, he wasn't:))

After Thirteen years and five kids our lives have changed for sure.  This last weekend was very busy.  Jason was gone camping and I had a packed weekend with kids and birthday parties etc.  We went out to dinner on Saturday night with some friends.  That was a lot of fun for us.  The best part?  They paid!  Late that night, after we were home, I realized that our anniversary was the NEXT day.  Neither one of us had even remembered!!!!  It almost passed without us even realizing it! 

(Our friends paid for our anniversary dinner!  I guess we need to find out when their anniversary is so we can return the favor!)

I never thought, when we got married, that we would evolve to this!  Maybe this should bother us, but it doesn't.  We are both good with it. 
This is something I have learned and know for sure over the first 13 years -

"Love, not as a surge of passion, but as a choice to commit to something, someone, no matter what obstacles or temptations stand in the way.

And maybe making that choice, again and again, day in and day out, year after year, says more about love than never having a choice to make at all."
— Emily Giffin (Love the One You're With)






4 comments:

Aunt Viv said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jody said...

Your marriage is a living testimony that love is a verb... Your mother taught you well

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! My husband is so cute!

Hesses Madhouse said...

LOVE that you rode the rides.

Congrats on your anniversary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...