My absolute favorite parts of NYC were Central Park and the Met. I have been going back and forth over which one I loved more. Of course, I didn't even come close to seeing all of either one, so maybe some day after I see all of both, I will have a better idea as to whether I love the Met or Central Park more.
As for now, I think the Met is slightly ahead. I was actually brought to tears with the overwhelming beauty around me inside the Met. It was an incredible experience to see these amazing works of art in REAL life. I am so grateful for my time spent in the Met.
Here are some highlights -
The building itself is a work of art. It was an experience just to walk through the halls and galleries, then you add the art to it and the whole experience becomes beautifully overwhelming!
Walking down the grand central staircase.
Mom and I loved this beautiful painting of Joan of Arc. Her eyes were so clear and beautiful!
I took some pictures to show how the galleries went on and on from one to the next, with no halls. It was a huge maze of rooms, and we never knew what we would see when we walked into the next room. It was very thrilling.
We purposely didn't look at the map or plan out what we would see. We just wanted to wander and enjoy our short time. You can imagine how thrilling it was to run into some Van Gogh's, Renoir's, Klimt's, Degas' etc. It was all so very exciting!
Mom and I in front of some of Van Gogh's flowers.
I took this close up of Van Gogh's Sunflowers to try to show the amazing paint and strokes left on the canvas. Everything had movement.
Mom and Kylie on the steps of the Met. It was fun to sit and relax after a long day. It was a prime people watching spot.
1 comment:
LOVE IT!!! ;)
Post a Comment