Happy Birthday Dear Daddy! Happy Birthday TO YOU!!!!
For Jason's Birthday the flu hit our house. It was lovely. I had it quite bad after several of the kids had it. On the day of his birthday he stayed home, and nursed us. I was in bed all day, trying not to throw up.
As I was laying in bed, after dinner time, I heard him call all the kids together. Then, I heard them all singing Happy Birthday to Daddy. (Also, Daddy took pictures of the kids singing to him. Smart daddy.)
Hearing them sing really made me smile.
Several days before his birthday I had the foresight to buy this "Tuxedo" Cake while at Costco. I heard from Jason and the kids that it was good. I never got any. They all took some in their lunch boxes the next day. Several days later, by the time I was feeling well enough, the cake was gone. Oh well, it was for the best.
Harrison was the last one left at the table. He is often the last one to finish eating.
I love that Jason had the kids celebrate his birthday with him.
The weekend before his birthday, before I was sick, we went out to dinner with friends to celebrate his getting older.
In Jason's mind, the best way to celebrate is with sushi. Our friends and Jason ate the raw stuff. I ordered a couple rolls with only cooked meat, for my pregnant self.
It was all completely delicious! We really loved the dessert as well. YUM!
The night of Jason's birthday, on my sick day, I decided I needed to get out of bed for a bit. I walked around to say good night to each kid in their rooms. Harrison asked me, "How old is dad." I answered, "He's 38. Isn't that so old?!?" Harrison's eyes were wide. He said, in hushed tones, "Yes." He then stuck out his bottom lip, and really sounded on the verge of tears. "I don't want daddy to be old! Then he can't take care of me!" I had to calm him down by explaining that Daddy isn't really so old after all. I said, "It was just a joke." Harrison looked at me very seriously and said, "Mom, that was not a funny joke."
Moral of the story - Don't ever joke about old age with a five year old.
1 comment:
I love Costco! That is the exact cake I got for Isaac's birthday too!
Post a Comment