Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saying Good Bye is So Hard to Do!

After having Brooke and Mick here for a month (split time between here and Denver with the rest of us Alldredge's), we had to say good bye!  I hate good bye's.  I had to follow behind in my van, because there was NO way they could fit all their luggage in that small rental car.  Lily came along.  I was slightly nervous, because this is what she looked like the last time we said good bye to them.
 At the airport right before they moved to Australia 15 months ago.

I am glad to say that Lily did great this time!  No crying at all.  
We ended up being there for much longer than we thought, because the guy at the ticket counter said that Brooke and the girls couldn't leave the country without physical proof of their visa's.  It was SO stressful and crazy!  In Australia, you don't need the physical proof, I guess they look them up at the counter.  Mick didn't know that, and the luggage had already been sent off to the plane, which is where the Visa's were.  

We had to go down to a special office and wait for the 8 huge pieces of luggage to come back.  We then had to search through the 8 pieces till we found it.  Of course, it was the last suitcase we opened.  After that whole debacle they rushed off to their gate to catch the plane.  So, we had a quick good bye, after a lot of stress.  

I was SO happy when I got word that they were safely home...about 26 hours later.

Esther saying good-bye to Karl.  She said she was going to miss him the most.  Gee - thanks Es:)
 LOTS of luggage!!! 
 These girls are just SO cute together!!!
 Lily stole Mick's hat.  This is right after we found the Visa's.  You can tell, because we are all smiles now....Well Lily is smiling.  The rest of us were still recovering.
 Complete opposite of Lily's face at their last good-bye!
 

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Hahahahha! Corinne that was awesome... oh man, shudder, that was sooo bad wasn't it!? I am so happy you were there, you were able to help me as I was having a melt down so that Mick could search through the luggage... haha. Very vital. Seeing our girls together always gets me a bit... So often it is like I am seeing you and me when we were little. Once while we were there I was listening to Lily and Lucy talking and I just thought how much I wished Lucy had a friend like Lily close by, or just Lily close by! One day you must bring Lily out here for a visit.

Bailey said...

lily's wearing the same shirt. wigged me out.

Corinne Ritz said...

It is totally not even close to the same shirt! You are weird!
Brookie, I feel the same way! Lucy and Lily remind me SO much of you and I. I guess that's why they get along so well!

Lisa Fox said...

Cousins are the best aren't they! So sweet looking at the pictures but WOW, that would've been so hard and scary and frustrating. I would've been freakin too Brooke..do you remember me Brooke? I still have pictures of all of us at a mall in Illinois doing silly poses and jumps and weird stuff! :)

Brooke said...

Yes! Lisa! hahah I totally remember you! And that mall pose thing sounds definitly like sometime I would have done with Corinne and her cool friends... hahah :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...