Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Monday, March 5, 2012

Pinewood Derby 2012

Maxwell, after years of watching Glenn, was THRILLED to participate in his first pinewood derby!

Glenn as a wolf (age 8), with Lily (age 7) and Maxwell (age 4)
This is at Glenn's first Pinewood Derby.  He won the award for "Coolest Design" for his Police Car.

Jason took Maxwell to a friends house, with better saws and tools to build a cooler car.
Maxwell cared way more about having a 'fast' car than Glenn ever did.  He designed this 'Red Lightning' race car.  It did pretty good in the races, but did not place.  Maxwell was really bummed that he didn't place at all.  Glenn told him, "Hey, your car did way WAY better than any of mine ever did."  That actually made Max feel really good.  Thanks Glenn for taking one for the team.

Harrison and Bennett had a lot of fun watching the cars race.  They also loved the popcorn refreshments.
 The race tracks were pretty high tech.
Maxwell's car being set in lane 2.
 Max standing in front of the table where the cars rested between races.  He spent a lot of time over there admiring his car, and the others too.

Afterwards he received a ribbon and certificate for participating.  The problem is that the ribbon is blue, and that usually means 1st place.  He spent several days telling everyone he got 1st place.  I had to keep correcting him, in the nicest way possible.

One thing I LOVED was that a kids area was set up with coloring and a Lego's table.  It was AWESOME, because the little boys did not last the whole time.  This Lego's table was a life saver!
Harrison was happy to meet a new "dream girl" aka - pretty girl, or marriage material.


2 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

I love your whole pinewood derby set up. I was a cubmaster for 2 years..problem was I had no sons at the time. I barely remembered my brother's cub scout days. So needless to say it took me a long time to figure things out. If I ever get that calling again I will so use the kid area and I love the popcorn idea..way better than cookies and brownies! And way to go on the car..it does look really cool!

Bailey said...

OMG! a post about maxwell??? hahahahah. no but really, i loved it, and can i just say- when the young women did the pinewood derby, i stole jesse's old car cause i was too lazy to make something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...