Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Glimpses

I picked up Glenn from school one day, and he asked me, "Do we have any days off from school this week?"  I said, "No."  In my head I was thinking Thanks Heavens!  He then said, "OH GOOD!"  I thought he was being sarcastic.  He was totally serious!  He told me that school is just going so well right now, he would hate to miss a day.  A couple minutes later he was giving me a long speech about how Middle School is just so.... so.... so... Tense.   He goes back and forth a lot between loving the crazy, stressfulness and the fun, grown new social world of it.  

There are a couple of girls at school who like him.  In his exact words, one of them is very "forceful" about it.  Of course, this makes me as nervous as HECK!  I know how freaky girls can be at that age.  I was totally one of them!  Luckily he has great friends that surround and protect him from this crazy girl who is always trying to play with his hair and rub his shoulders at lunch time.  Seriously!!!!  YIKES!  She asked him once, "Why won't you ask me out?"  He said to me, "Mom, it was just SO dumb!  I rolled my eyes at her, and told her that 12 year olds should not be dating."  This whole thing where he thinks that these dumb girls are dumb.... I hope it lasts a REALLY long time!

Glenn is playing Soccer now, and has his first game this Saturday.  Also, he is in the middle of a big Science Fair Experiment (Bane of my existence!) The Science Fair is 2 days after I give birth, so I will still be in the hospital. I've told Jason that he needs to take charge of this project and help Glenn through it.  Jason is really never home.  So, I have been the one to guide him.  Plus, Jason said that he didn't really know what to do since he never had to participate in a Science Fair, however I did.  That was lame excuse sweetie pie, because which one of us has two Bachelor's Degree's in Zoology and Nursing?  NOT ME!

Glenn really wanted to do something with music and it's affect.  So he has three plants. One that sits and listens to Handel's Watermusik several hours a day.  One that sits in silence, except for loud noises in our home.  And one that listens to loud rock music several hours a day.  You can imagine how much I am loving this project, and all the extra noise it brings to our home.  He measures and charts and waters and waits.

Maxwell is doing soccer right now, and his first game on Saturday.  Yes, that's right.  Glenn actually has 2 games on Saturday and Maxwell one game, and Jason will be working 5am-5:30pm.  This is the exact reason why I have not put my kids in Sports and other activities for so many years.  Well, whatever!  They are both really excited to be on a team.  I can see how this is really good for both of them, though not so good for me.  It's a good thing I have a Lily!

Last week when I dropped Lily off at Piano Lessons, she walked in and exclaimed, "IT's a GIRL!"  Her piano teacher is a good friend of mine and just went along with it.  Lily truly deserves a sister. She's earned it, but I think it would be good for her to have a little girl getting into all her stuff as well.  I've tried to warn her and tell her how much she would hate having sister.  It has not worked.  Her hopes are way too high, and I am very nervous for that moment when she possibly meets her new baby brother.

Harrison is the other one I really worry about.  They all want a little sister, but none more than Lily and Harry.  I had the rare opportunity of being alone with Harrison last week in the grocery store.  He was excited to tell the check out lady that he got some new army guys at the Dollar Store.  She asked him to share with her.  He said, "Mmmmm.... No."  I then asked him if he was going to share with his brothers.  He said, "NO!"  The check stand lady asked him, "How many brothers do you have?"  He said, "1, 2, 3 - and ONE sister!"  The lady's eyes got big.  She looked at me for confirmation.  I confirmed.  She asked him if he was getting a new sister or brother.  Harrison confidently told her, "IT IS A SISTER."  She looked at me for confirmation again, I told her that we did not know, and it will be a surprise in 2 weeks.  Harrison looked at her again and said, "Yeah, but we know it's a girl."  Uh-Oh!  So worried about this!

Maxwell has been sicker than sick.  I took him and Bennett in for ear infections and throat infections the day before Easter.  He had already missed a couple days of school.  He has been so wiped out and tired.  On Sunday night we like to watch America's Funniest Home Video's (AFV)  This last Sunday I suggested he go to bed, but he really wanted to watch it with us.  Before we were five minutes into it, he was sound asleep.  


Max came into me at about 4 o'clock one day and said, "Mom, could I please just get some peace and quiet before dinner."  I wanted to laugh in his face, but I said, "Sure go lay on my bed and shut the door."  He said, "Well, I was wondering if I could have a bubble bath."  So he went and soaked in a bubble bath.  I think he really enjoyed it, except that Bennett had a complete melt down because he wanted a bath too.  Max got some peace and quiet, but no one else did.  We all had the pleasure of listening to Bennett scream, "BATH!!" over and over and over.

Max and Bennett were in the van with me to go pick up Glenn from school one day.  Bennett was giggling quite hard at faces that Max was pulling for him.  Max said, "Bennett, you are SO Gay!"  Before I could say anything about it Max said, "Gay can mean happy too, Mom."  Ah yes, I remember that 'joke' from about 3rd grade. I answered, "Yes, I know, but it doesn't really mean that anymore.  We don't call people that because it is usually said to make another person feel bad about who they are."  He received it well, and responded with an "OK."  I have NO idea if I handled it the 'right' way or not.  I just really don't want him going around calling other kids 'Gay.'  Bennett didn't care, and continued to giggle at everything that Maxwell did.

Bennett is talking TONS!  One new and fun thing he does is yell at me to turn the music up in the van.  If we are driving along and my phone rings, I turn down the music, or turn it off, and answer the call on my Jabra device, which is like a speaker phone.  When this happens Bennett starts screaming, "UP UP UP UP!!!!!"  This means, "Hey Lady!  Hang up the phone and turn my dancing music back up!" 

Another super cute thing he has started doing is coming into the kitchen and pointing at my stereo and yelling, "DANCE!"  This means, "Hey Lady!  Turn on some good music so I can dance all over the kitchen while you cook my dinner!"  It is all very entertaining!


3 comments:

Kylie said...

Hahaha, poor Max. I love that Harry is so "awake" next to him. Hhaha, his eyes are so wide! Also, you already wrote about Max and the peace and quiet and the bath, sorry! But, hey your pregnant, don't beat yourself up, ;) hahah.

Corinne Ritz said...

Ky - I already wrote about that in an email, not on my blog. I am brainless, but NOT that brainless:)

Julia said...

I love these glimpses into your life, Miss Cori.

I hope and pray that all the boys that my girls encounter are just like your Glenn (and that my girls are just as proper and respectful of boys!).

I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl---so exciting! Either way---what a blessed child to come into such a lovely family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...