Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Monday, May 21, 2012

Visitors and Coming Home

There are two sorts of women - those who like staying in the hospital post baby, and those who don't.
I am the first sort. 
I love the break I get while staying in the hospital.

I love to have a few, not too many, visitors to help me pass the time while I rest in the hospital.  

I am a pretty social person, and I can get kind of bored and stir crazy with a 3-4 day stay in the hospital.  It's nice to have one or two friends visit each day.

My friend watched the two youngest boys for us on the day of the birth.  She came later that evening to meet Theodore.  She also came the next day with her daughter Christiana.  I am SO grateful for Carrie in my life.  You can tell by this picture how much my children love her.  She also teaches our older children piano.

My children came and visited at least once every day.  I really looked forward to having them around, as did they.  By the end of the second day, when my mom turned onto the street of the hospital, Bennett started saying, "Baby Baby Baby Baby..." from the back seat.  So SWEET!

Harrison, and all the kids really liked my cool hospital bed.

Boys will be boys.  Bennett and Maxwell having a wrestling moment.  This is not out of the ordinary.

Carrie's daughter - Christiana with Theo.

My dear friend Alyssa came and visited.  I was so grateful because I LOVE to visit with her.  And because I stayed an extra day her and her husband Kevin came to hang out with Jason and I on our last night.  They brought yummy cookies from a bakery, and hung out with us.  If you read my blog often, you will know that these two are often hanging out with us.


Alyssa hanging out bedside with me.

On my 'supposed to be' last day, my good friend Emily came to meet Theo.  She is my bishop's wife, so you could say she came out of duty, but I don't think that's why she came.  She is a wonderful friend, and I love her so much.  We just click, and I always welcome good conversations with her.  Plus, HELLO!  She wanted to hold Theo!  Emily has 4 sons and 1 daughter.  Our kids are all pretty well matched up age wise.





Theodore's feet in Daddy's hands. -In the hospital.


On our last night there Kevin and Alyssa came to hang out.  This was perfect as they are such wonderful friends, and we were both getting kind of bored.



Time to go home.  Going home with a new baby is always a little exciting, and a little nerve racking.




First car ride.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

awesome post! (although not as good as the one about me...:)

Emily said...

Loved visiting you and holding Theo. As you know, I can't quite get enough of holding him. I guess it's the first time in my life I haven't had one of my one to snuggle. Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa Fox said...

I am just like you. I LOVE the break and cherish every quiet moment in that hospital. With my new precious baby and with my own self to relax and appreciate the miracle of a child. I too love visitors..not tons but enough to make me feel special and not too bored! So glad you were able to have all of that.

Bailey said...

will all those people come visit me in the hospital too? will one of you bring me thai orchid??? also- corinne, are you still coming in octoberish?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...