| Harrison with his pet rock he made at school. It's a lady bug named Elizabeth. |
I know that I write about Harrison on this blog often. He is at a really fun age. He says and does the funniest things. Jason and I agree that he tends to be our funniest child. All of our children say and do hilarious things, but Harrison tends to bust us up the most often. He speaks and understands fluently now, and has tons of questions along with a unique perspective. We have great conversations with him. All these things come with being five years old. I have really enjoyed all of my children at this age.
Harrison has two days of Preschool left. After his graduation next Thursday he is officially on Summer Break. Next Fall he starts Kindergarten. One night, as I was putting him to bed, he and I were talking about what he is grateful for before he said his prayers. I suggested that maybe he could thank Heavenly Father for good friends. He said, "Mom, I don't want any new friends. I already have enough of them." Harry has said this to me a few times now. I giggle every time. I realized that this very outgoing, friendly boy is nervous about kindergarten and meeting new friends.
One day Jason and I were driving, with the three little boys, past the Troutdale water tower. Harrison asked what it was. I explained that it was a water tower. He asked, "Why?" I then explained that it stores water for emergencies. I explained what a drought is, and that we might need that emergency water from the tower. Harrison then exclaimed, "I want POP in an emergency! I want a POP TOWER!"
On the same car ride he launched into one of his favorite topics, beautiful girls. (Someday he's going to hate that I made all of this public knowledge.) He has discovered that we own a lot of really fun little girl type movies from Lily's childhood. He loves all the Barbie movies. He also love Alladin because it has a good mix of action/adventure plus Jasmine is considered "A dream girl" in his words. He also loves Thumbelina for the same reasons - good action and Thumbelina is "a dream girl". In the car he started to go on about how beautiful the name Jasmine is. Also, he thinks that the same girl who does Jasmines' voice does Thumbelina's voice too. This is how he worded it, "Mom, I think that Jasmine does Thumbelina's voice." Jason and I just sat in the front listening to him go on about it. We couldn't stop giggling.
Just to be clear, he thinks ALL girls are dream girls. He really likes all females, and thinks that they are all beautiful and special. He has even been known to tell the check out lady at the grocery store, "You're my dream girl." This, of course, made her day. I just didn't tell her that he says that to all girls.
Harrison's preschool teachers told me one morning that he is the biggest flirt they've ever had. They said he's going to be a real ladies man someday. I totally already knew that, but OK. One day in class they were talking about germs and washing hands etc. Harrison interrupted the lesson and exclaimed, "NO one kiss me OK? I'm sick!"
Tonight at dinner Harrison said something about "A Dream Girl" and Glenn said, "Harrison, you need to knock that kind of talk off before Kindergarten or all the other kids are going to think you are really weird. Harrison said, "No way! They all like it." I told Glenn not to worry until he's starting middle school and still talking like that, then we have a problem.
Jason found him one day like this. He could not help but take pictures. When I saw the pictures I laughed so hard that I could not help putting them on the blog.
After our movie tonight, I was helping Harrison to stay focused in the bathroom. If I just tell him to brush his teeth and go potty it will take 10 plus minutes. If I am in there with him it takes less than 5 minutes. Amazing how that works! When he pulled down his undies to go to the bathroom he started singing the word underwear over and over. I realized that he was singing a very specific tune. He then started to do sound affects to add in the instrumental part. When it clicked in my brain what song it was I was DYING with laughter! Jason and I sing in the Portland Ensign Choir and Orchestra. There is a movie themed concert coming up in a few weeks. One of the songs is a Russian piece from The Hunt for Red October. Jason has been playing it over and over to help him get the Russian down (he has it memorized now). Of course, Harrison does not have the Russian down, but he does love that tune. His solution is to sing the word underwear over and over to the tune. Hysterical. It was impressive.
Tonight when I was tucking Harrison in bed I asked him, "Do you know how much Jesus loves you?" He spread his arms wide and said, "This much!" After we talked a bit more about that he serisously looked at me and said, "Beware of Satan." It was hard to not laugh. I said, "OK." He then asked, "What does beware mean?" Obviously he heard this satement in Sunday School or something, and had no clue what it meant. We then had a pretty serious conversation on the topic of the reality of Satan. The whole time I was thinking, "I can't believe this goof ball is asking me such serious thought provoking questions!"

2 comments:
what a boy! can't wait to see him in a few months! :)
he is seriously one of a kind..and i am so excited to see what he is like when he grows up...he is definitely an adventurer!
This post was pure delight!
Post a Comment