Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Monday, July 16, 2012

Brotherly Love

I know I've been saying this a lot, but it is still true.  I cannot believe that I have five sons.  It is just weird.
I have been having a lot of fun watching these brothers grow together, love and teach each other.

I have especially noticed how much they love one another as I have been going through all my pictures from the last few months.



Bennett really really loves Theo.  He calls him "my baby" which is just so sweet.
The other day Theo was crying, and I was about to feed him.  Bennett came running in all worried, climbed up on my bed with us and said, "I hold him... I hold him."  I knew that Theo would just cry louder and longer, but I couldn't deny his brother's sweet request to want to try and comfort his brother.  So I let Bennett hold Theo.  He held him for less than a minute before handing him back to me.  He realized quickly that he could nothing for him.



I missed this cute one from the hospital.  Max holding Theo and Harrison looking worried.

I should actually keep a count some day of how many kisses this baby gets in one day.  Most of them are from Bennett.

One crazy Sunday we were slightly late for church and ended up in the chairs, not a pew.  I really hate it when that happens.  My children are much more reverent and more easily contained when sitting in a pew.  I realized quickly that if Harrison held Theo, he would hold still.  I was looking at all my boys sitting there so handsome in their white shirts and ties.  It was one of those "snapshot" moments that I never ever want to forget.  I discreetly took some pictures on my phone because I want to always remember these crazy hectic days of sitting with all my children in church.


I was trying to take some sweet pictures of Theo asleep in my bed when Bennett gently handed him his "Nion".  He loves to share with Theo.  Recently he tried to rip Theo off of me while nursing so he could stuff his sippie cup with cow's milk in his mouth.  He kept yelling, "Milk!  Milk!"  He was mad and wanted to supply the milk for once.  Hahaha....

One day I came to get Theo from his swing and found the mouse that Bennett had been running around with.  He wanted to share... again... SO SWEET!  Bennett is such a good big brother!

 The first month I had a hard time keeping Theo asleep.  I realized quickly that this is why.  I kept finding the footstool next to the bassinet.  One day I caught Bennett in the act.  I have a picture just like this of Glenn standing next to the same bassinet on the same stool waking up a baby Lily.  Melts my heart!
 I don't think Theo liked it very much....

One Friday night we had a mother/son night while Jason took Lily Camping.  Max was super helpful while Glenn and I made dinner.


Bennett likes to point out Theo's eyes and nose and ears, which basically means he pokes his eyes, picks his nose and digs in his ears.

Bennett LOVES piggy back rides from Maxwell.  Check out Bennett's funny faces.

Lily had a blast camping with daddy and their friends.
I just noticed that she is wearing her nice slippers in this picture.  No wonder they came home ruined!

Now that Theo smiles and even giggles we have fun getting those out of him.



4 comments:

Brooke said...

Corinne you are so blessed! What a beautiful family you and Jason have created!

Bailey said...

I WANT NORAH NOW! i'm sooo jealous of all your cute babies.

Joanne said...

All of these pictures are so precious! I'm glad you were sneaky and took some with your phone at church - those ones are so great. I can't believe you have five sons and they are all so sweet with each other and love each other so much. You are a great mom.

Unknown said...

seeing this made me just miss all the kids even more! and i didn't think that was quite even possible! i love how much you are documenting! it rocks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...