Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hammock and Park

Hammock + Park + Ice Cream = Perfect Summer Day

When Jason was 19 he went on a two year mission for our church to Recife, Brazil.  One of the things he brought home with him was a Brazilian Hammock called a Rede (Pronounced kind of like "Hedgie" but with very little "E" sound at the end.).  The Rede spends most of the Summer hanging in our yard.  Jason hung it up a couple of Saturday's ago, and the kids and him spent most of the afternoon in it.  I wonder when Jason bought it in Brazil, if he ever thought that someday he would be fighting for space in it with his six children.

Everybody's in!  Harry looks worried.

This one is the same, but really funny to me because Bennett wanted to show me his Naked Mole Rat toy, and is blocking his face.  Oh, and Harry is still worried.  Another funny thing - Jason is gripping the edge of the Rede in both pictures.  That could be very metaphorical for our lives.

 Lily was annoyed, and wouldn't get in the Rede for this picture.  Harrison is looking a little less worried now that he has a little more room to move around.

 This was everyone trying to get out!  I am laughing again, as I was when it happened.  Of course, I did not try to help, I took pictures instead.

Just these boys left. Harrison is holding up Theo's foot because he wanted his "piggies" aka toes, to be in the picture.  I understand Harrison's thinking.  They are really cute little piggies.

Glenn

Everyone came back in, or out front to play, and left Jason and Harrison alone together.  Jason told me that they had a nice little chat.  They decided that our whole family should go to the park.  So we did.

It was a gorgeous day, and Theo was happy to be outside.

Glenn pushed Bennett on the swings.

All the kids were so helpful looking out for each other, especially for Bennett.

We came home and had ice cream cones, and then Dinner.... because sometimes we are just cool like that.


1 comment:

Lisa Fox said...

sounds Heavenly and what an inspired purchase...sooo many years ago! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...