Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baby Names

This is the post where I give it all up.  I'm about to share with you top secret information.  Do with it what you will.  I am done having babies, and I am super sad about that... but that is for another post on another day.  

Recently the Pioneer Woman posted her top favorite Boy Names and Girl Names on her blog.  The day after I read these, a friend of mine, who is having her first girl after two boys, did a shout out on facebook for our favorite girl names.  Before now I would never have shared, because I planned on using these names.... maybe... hopefully.  

It is time for me to pass on the names I didn't use.
These are my favorites. 
(I promise I did not copy the Pioneer Woman, some of our picks match up.  
We both just have really good taste.)

Girls
Is it any surprise that I have more girl names left over than boy names?

Eliza
I actually mourn this name, and that I never got to use it.  I love it so much that sometimes I wonder if I had known that Lily was going to be my only daughter, if I would've still named her Lily, or would I have gone with Eliza.  It is a family name, and after some of my favorite fictional and real characters.

Julia or Juliet
I love this name.  I was determined to use it during my fifth pregnancy, before I found out he was a HE.  Julia is a family name, and also the name of one of my dearest friends from High School.  I also love Juliet.  I always thought it would sound so good with Lily.  I love feminine and simple names for girls.

Charlotte
One of my favorite characters in one of my favorite movies is named Charlotte.  She goes by Lottie.  I Love it!  It has spunk, it is feminine, it is strong.

Mary
 This name is so classically beautiful to me.  It is also the name of my great grandmother.  However, I never would have used it because Jason's brother has a daughter named Mary, so they would've had the same first and last names.

Cecelia
 While we are on the subject of my great grandmother, let me add her middle name, which was Cecelia.  I love it.  I always planned on using it if not for a first name, then for a middle name.  Plus Simon and Garfunkel have a song titled Cecelia.  That gives it extra points.

Hazel
This was my husband's grandmothers name.  She passed away a few weeks after we had baby #4.  She was sick in the hospital when we called to tell her she had a new grand baby.  My older children have super fond memories of her.  Not only did I love her, but I loved her name.  I would've loved to use it someday.

Ruby
 Another family name.  Can you tell I love family names?  Family names, and names of characters from my favorite books and movies.  I can't help it.  I associate these names with people/characters that I love.  Ruby is another name I envisioned going perfectly with the name of my only daughter.  Two sisters Lily and Ruby, so cute!  Well, it would've been cute!

Sabrina
Let me just say this - "Save me Sabrina Fair, you're the only one who can." The. End.  I love it.




Boys

Wynn
 I have wanted to name all of my boys this, but Jason has always vetoed it.  For one thing it sounds too much like our oldest sons name, Glenn.  Also Jason, in an Elmer Fudd voice, always said people would call him "Wittow Wynn Witz"  It's funny, and annoying because I really do love this name.  When I was pregnant with our sixth and last, he promised me that if it was a boy, I deserved to get to use the name Wynn.  I was seriously happy about this.  It even made me wish for a boy!  We didn't know what we were having so we had a lot more time than we usually have before we lock down a name.  By the time we had the baby my mind had changed, and alas we still didn't use Wynn.

Edward or Edmund
Edward is my Grandpa's middle name, and I always thought it would be a good name to use, as I was running out of boy names.  I never could use it after the Twilight books came out.  I also love Edmund.  It's close to Edward and is the name of Jane Austen's Hero in Mansfield Park.

Charles
 Surprise, this is not a family name or a character's name!  I just love this name because, like Edward, it is classic and strong.

 Wyatt
All of my sons, except for Theo, have last names for first names, and also each have a double consonant.  We did not plan that.  This was one of my arguments for using Wynn.  Wyatt also works, and I love it!  We almost used this for #5 instead of Bennett.  (They both end in double T ;)


So, what names do you love? 


5 comments:

Julia said...

Oh----I do love your names! I just might have to use one (or more) of them ;)

Cindy said...

This was such a cute/kinda-sad post. I love all those names and the babies we thought they would be. :(

Kylie said...

These names make me sick. They make me want to barf. All of them, especially, all of them. Sick, sick sick they make me, ill ill illlll. Never will I name a child from this listing of names , ever ever ever.

Corinne Ritz said...

Kylie, you have issues, but I love you anyways. Lily just saw your comment and told me I should delete it. LOL! I thought that might just encourage you, so I will leave it. Don't worry, people who read this and might use the names here that you love do not know or associate with you. Your names are still safe.

Also, I left some names off that I love because I know my sisters love them and want to use them.

Paige said...

Just two things. Theodore is totes a last name (and you could just spell it Ttheodore or Theodorre etc) haha. And, unfortunately, Edwin is NOT the character's name in Mansfield Park. It's Edmund.

I have always loved Charlotte and Eliza but due to previous husbands (not to be named) they were off the table. It's actually the reason we got divorced...hahaha?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...