Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Family Fun Day - Oregon Coast

We are done with all our planned stuff for this Summer.  We took our family trip, and the kids had camps.  Now we are dealing with boredom.  I hate this part of Summer.  This afternoon I seriously had my 8 year old rolling around on my bed and whining, "What can I do?  Tell me what to do..."  

There is a chance that we could be moving next May or June.  This could be our last Summer in Oregon.  I've been thinking about this a lot, and realizing that there are so many fun places and things here that we haven't done yet!  Jason and I made a list and decided that for the rest of Summer we will have a "Family Fun Day" once a week.  We are excited to cross these things off the list.
The kids get so excited when Jason announces a Family Fun Day!

This week we did something that we've done before, but not in awhile.  We packed up the kids, the dog, the hibachi grill and hot dogs then took off to Pacific City, OR.



Max likes to spend his time collecting "treasures" - broken crab claws, shells, rocks etc.

After such a long drive I hung out and started dinner, and fed the baby while Jason ran around with the dog and kids. 

Some horse back riders were out on the beach.  This thrilled Bennett to pieces.  I didn't get my camera out fast enough to capture them as they passed right by us.


I had tons of fun spending some alone time with Theo.  I took him out of his car seat, and he was thrilled!  I'm sure the fresh ocean air helped.



Theo is really into giggling and squealing these days.  We all LOVE it!



Our "area"

I love these pictures because all the kids are doing their thing, and Theo is just laying there in the middle of the action.



It was an overcast day, but warm and perfect!



 Lily trying to open a jar of pickles.


The kids enjoying their J-Dawgs for dinner.


Bennett is that fun age when they end up eating more sang than food when at the beach.


Lily on a walk.

Bennett loved playing in the sand.

Max checking out his new collection.

 Karl had a wonderful time.  He was a very happy doggy.
  
Lily found a WHOLE sand dollar!

Max and Glenn

Max with his "finds" - ready to bring them ALL home!

This is what he brought home.  In the orange bucket he had many pieces of broken sand dollars.  Someday we'll take him to a "hot" beach where they have whole shells galore.  He won't know what to do with himself.

Bennett found a treasure too.


After dinner Jason and the kids ran off again, while Theo and I took a nap.




The next morning Max and Harry sat outside on our deck to clean off their "treasures" and decide who gets to keep what.  They left beach sand ALL over my table.  I'm so glad it was outside.



2 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

I absolutely love little family outings like this. They are usually always the best. We are actually going to go to the Indiana Dunes today. we haven't been and it's on our bucket list while we are here in Illinois..we too dont' know how long we are going to be here..could be a year could be 2.

Kylie said...

Hahah, so cute! I LOVED that video of Theo. He looks SO much like Lily!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...