Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Years Resolutions

Anyone out there making New Years Resolutions?

I always do.  I don't always keep them the whole year, but that doesn't bother me.  The point is I love the New Year!  I love the feeling of "wanting to do better" and feeling motivated to live a better and more meaningful life.  Anybody else feel that way or am I the only one?  

I am excited for this coming year!  I feel like big changes, or at least the prep work for big changes, will be taking place in our family.  Jason and I have been talking a lot about this in recent months.  We feel like we have been living and waiting for 5 years to continue on our path.  

I read this great article this week The Best Time to Plant a Tree
In the article it says, 
"An old proverb says, “The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second-best time is now.”

Ultimately it is up to us!  Will we take action, and make the changes needed in order to move forward with our lives?  Are we going to do it now?  Or waste more time?

What New Years Resolutions have you made?  Have you written them down?

This year I have written them down, and even made a plan in order to accomplish them!  I have never done this before!  I am excited!  Can you tell?

I am not going to share all of them, or the details but here are a few basics.
1.  I will blog consistently!  
2.  We will save money!  (We are following and living Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover")
3.  I will lose weight!  (Enough is enough.  I am done having babies.  No more excuses, and I am so excited to wear my clothes again!)

OK.  I shared.  That was kind of hard because these are personal.  So seriously, please share with me!  I would love to hear from you!



2 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

I always "Say" new years goals..but I have a very hard time keeping them the whole year but like you I'm ok with it too! I LOVE the feeling of improving. I have SO many right now it's a little overwhelming. A few of mine are:
ORGANIZE..I am sick of "stuff" I need to chuck it all!
Scriptures: I have had a real issue with getting myself to do it and NO MORE EXCUSES!!! I will read the whole book of mormon this year!
Journal: I have my blog but I don't always put down my true feelings..or all of my feelings for that matter. So i'm going to do the lds.org free journal and really write stuff down!
Phew, thank you for helping me to start the action!!
Love your goals too, we can do this!

Corinne Ritz said...

Thanks for sharing Lisa! Your goals are great! I love using the free journal on lds.org! Good luck! You are so inspiring. Your new baby is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...