I can't believe that Jason turned 40 in January! Let me just tell you that I had BIG plans for his birthday! There was going to be a BIG party! I would like to say, because I sincerely hope, that there will still be a BIG party sometime soon to celebrate the birth of this wonderful man!
It turned out to be a very stressful week. His car broke down. Since his birthday was his only day off that week, other than Sunday, it was the day we had to discuss it and decide what to do. This is one of those tough parts of marriage. We strongly disagreed on a plan of action. One wanted to fork over the money to get it fixed, though it was not cheap. The other wanted to trade it in and get a new (used) car, since his old car had a LOT of miles on it, and this was probably the first of many major breakdowns to come.
To add to the stress, we had already decided that he was getting an iPad for his Christmas/Birthday present. Our phones were due for upgrades, and the iPad came as an upgrade so no money up front, but our monthly bill was going up. By the time we got to the phone store, I had to just go sit on the side so that my stress wouldn't ruin his birthday.
After the phones was lunch together.
This was nice, except that our conversation was all about his dumb car. haha
Jason used to work for Enterprise Rent a Car first in the rental division, then promoted to the car sales division and worked hard selling off the older rental cars. Jason gained two really good skills from job. 1. He can always somehow get the best deal when booking a rental car. 2. He is really good at buying cars. I mean he knows how to get amazing deals. The salesman always does exactly what Jason wants them to, gives him the trade in value he wants, even if it makes no sense. They give him price he wants, even if it makes no sense. It really does amaze me every time.
So Jason left with his barely able to drive car in the late afternoon, and came home an hour or two later with this cute little red thing. Don't worry - he hadn't bought it...yet. He just brought it to show me, and have a talk about the deal he had brokered. I was stunned.
So he traded in his old car, and bought this newer one.
I am calling it his mid life crisis. For example - "Bye! I'm leaving to the store! I'm taking your mid life crisis with me!"
After the car it was late, so we got the little ones to bed after cereal for dinner, then went to Gustavs for a cheap Happy Hour dinner.
So his birthday was not at all what I thought it would be, but he said it was a good one. I have also given him a good warning that since he got an iPad and a car for his 40th, he had better start planning mine now!
Now that the stress of that day is past, I can also say that it was a good day. The best part was just getting to spend so much time with him.
For his birthday I want to say - that I love him! He is the most giving, kind and considerate man. He works harder than anyone, and has all the respect of his co-workers and patients. The best part of him is what he gives to me and our children.
We love you! Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment