Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jane Austen


I Love Jane Austen.  She is one of my favorite things.  I love her books and everything about her.  I was first introduced to her, as a teenager, by my mother.  My mom read the a new movie version of Pride and Prejudice was coming out on American TV. It had been made by the BBC in England, and it would be airing on A&E.  So, she called the cable company and was willing to pay a bit more to make sure would be able to watch the three, 2 hour long installments.  For 3 Sunday's in a row she made our family - minus the 3 or 4 youngest children, sit and watch Pride and Prejudice with her.  (This is when I fell in Love with Colin Firth - who is also one of my favorite things)  Even my dad and brother loved it.  We were all quoting it!  And for those 3 weeks we anxiously looked forward to Sunday night.

The next Christmas I received the complete novels of Jane Austen.  I have read 5 out of 7.  Pride and Prejudice was the first one I read, of course.  Over the years I have enjoyed all the many movies and miniseries that have been made about her and based on her novels.  I own all of them on DVD, so much better than the VHS recordings we made of that first airing on A&E.  I just want to say thank you to PBS for airing all of the newly made BBC film versions of Jane Austen's novels over the last few years.  I love Masterpiece theater.

Here is a link to an article I read recently that I thought was interesting.  Maybe some of the reasons listed in the article are why I have loved her through the years.   

4 comments:

Kylie said...

Austen Austen Austen. Now, write a new post, ho.

Cindy said...

Who the hell is Austin???

Corinne Ritz said...

I hate you both! What is wrong with you??!! Mom!!! I can't believe you let Kylie influence you like that. I think I am going to have to boycott longer!!! I am on a blogging strike!!

A & L said...

I love that article you linked to this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...