My 11 year old son, Glenn, is regularly assigned to do recipe writing in his 5th grade class. The teacher gives them 'ingredients' and they have to use all the ingredients in a creative writing piece. In his most recent recipe writing the ingredients were the words leftovers, airplane rides, butterfly net and the phrase "A Letter to Joe." This is what Glenn came up with.
My Will and a Letter to Joe
By Glenn Ritz
This is my last and final testament, my will. My stuff and traditional family belongings will go to my children. Any leftovers shall be sold, and before I die I will talk about Joe. What a beautiful thing she was. She'd help me focus, and give me a good breakfast. I'd see her at work, sunny days, and on airplane rides, in my youth while using a butterfly net to catch butterfly's. Oh, she made me smile! Sluuuurp! That is a good cup of Joe!
An old guy drinking a 'cup of Joe'
3 comments:
Oh! My! Holy Crap! Corinne... I LOVE Glenn and his amazing imagination... oh my gosh! This was delightful!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how is this a recipe?
Bailey!!! It is NOT a recipe! It is recipe writing. The teacher gives them 'ingredients' that they HAVE to put into the writing. I explained all this in the post re-read the beginning part.
Post a Comment