Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Glimpses

Here are some more glimpses into my life as a mother of five really wonderful, slightly rotten children. (That last part was a total joke, I meant it just for laughs, I PROMISE!)  I have mixed these glimpses in with some adorable pictures of Bennett in the bath and video at the end.


  I have been really affected by some personal stuff over the last few months, and I have been feeling really overwhelmed emotionally.  It has seemed to spill over into other areas of my life.
I know that my house is REALLY messy right now.  It is never this dirty.  I already had a pretty good idea how bad it was.  Now I know for sure after hearing my 11 year old say these 4 things yesterday afternoon.    #1 - I think we need to do some serious chores this weekend.  #2 - I am so glad Spring Break is almost here. Mom needs us to be here to help her clean!           #3 - Mom?  Would you like me to stay home from school tomorrow, and help you clean the house?       #4 - I can't think straight in this messy house!        
  Last night Jason and Glenn were at the church for activites.  Wednesday nights are always INSANE at this house.  I was getting Bennett ready for bed.  I kept yelling out to the other two boys telling them to get jammies on, brush teeth etc.  But they weren't doing any of that! They were having a Nerf gun battle, of course.  It ended with Max running in to me and yelling, "Harrison just shot all his darts in the toilet and then flushed it!"  Sure enough he really did that!  I was hoping it was some kind of joke.  Now I'm hoping that the pipes think of the darts as little poops and everything is fine.  Otherwise we are gonna have to call the plumber... again.... It will not be the first time the plumber has to come get a toy that Harrison has flushed down.


By the way - Jason came home from the church without Glenn!  He totally forgot him!  He had to go back and found him there all alone, playing basketball in the gym with a bunch of his friends dad's, who play late on Wednesday nights.
Lily has asked me not to use the phrase, "You need to go potty?"  Anymore.  She said that it is babyish, and could I please say , "Do you need to use the bathroom?"


Harrison is obsessed with these red, white and blue boxer shorts.  He wants to wear them everyday.  I told him he can't wear them till Summer is here again.  So, then he came down in this outfit.  I think he's a genious. 

This morning we were watching some TV.  A Capital One commercial came on.  The Vikings were attacking at a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans.  Harrison said, "I don't get why there are Vikings there."  I laughed because I had no idea that he knew what Vikings even were!

This week at Harrison's preschool they did a unit on insects.  Jason has BS in Zoology/Entomology from BYU.  Glenn, Max and Lily have always taken the lead during insect units at school.  They know all the names and body parts, how to tell the males from the females etc.  I had no idea that Harrison had picked up on any of this knowledge.  Well, apparently he has!  When I picked him up on Monday his teacher was so excited to tell me about Harrison standing up in front of his class to tell them all about the bugs they were learning about!  He came home with his friend Bella, and went straight to daddy's very large insect collection to show her all the cool bugs.  I think she was pretty grossed out!  In the car ride home I asked him what a catterpillar turns into when it grows up.  (They had made cool catterpillars at school.)  He exclaimed, "A BAT!!!" And then he started laughing really hard.  I looked in the rearview mirror and saw Bella roll her eyes.  Then, I started laughing really hard. 

Trying to sit up!

Lily is one of the most compassionate persons I've ever known.  Last week I was waiting for the kids to come out of school.  I had the boys and was waiting for Lily.  She was taking forever.  I happened to glance over and see her get onto the bus!  I ran over to get her off.  She was just helping a little first grader onto the bus. She found him crying in the hallway, and she felt so bad and just couldn't leave him alone.  He was crying because he couldn't find his coat.  She helped him feel better and wanted to make sure he got on the bus in a good mood.



This last Sunday was Fast Sunday.  We have been trying to help Glenn and Lily learn how to fast.  "For sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven."  Glenn and Lily both fasted, only for one meal this last Sunday.  On the way home from church Glenn saw some bike riders and said, "Sometimes when I'm riding my bike I think how cool it is that somewhere else in the world there is probably a boy my age riding his bike too."  Then, Lily said, "Right now I'm thinking I know just how kids in Africa feel."  I asked her why she thinks that.  She responded, "Because I am starving, just like them." 

And now for a video of Bennett splashing in the bath.  I can't stay dry anymore because he LOVES to see how big and far he can make the water go! Though he is not splashing in this video that Jason made.



5 comments:

Cindy said...

I just can't choose what was the funniest most delightful part about that post! I loved all of it! I don't know how you aren't alughing all day every day! (Um.....actually I do....I remember)

Alyssa Phair said...

FATHER OF ThE YEAR award! LOL!!! Those were all hilarious! Good work remembering all of those moments. They will all be cracking up at themselves for years to come!
-Alyssa

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

haha! Those were awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Harrison is so smart. I love that idea he came up with so he could where his boxer shorts. I will definitely try that trick.

Paige said...

Man, what's wrong with that kid, can't he talk? He just makes those moaning sounds all day? Doesn't that drive you crazy? It's like, "Use your freakin' words, Frankenstein's Monster!"

Ah, don't you miss Kylie? Just had to channel her a bit for you. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...