My parents were staying on the coast at a friends house last weekend. Lily and I drove out to stay a night with them. We had a total blast!
We immediately went down to the beach. It was the beach at Neskowin, one of our favorite beaches on the Oregon coast. It is normally a HUGE vast beach with wide open spaces of sand. But things have changed. According to the locals the tide and surf have been different ever since the earthquake and tsunami in Japan last week. The waves were doing crazy things that I've never seen before, and the tide was in all the way up to the rocks!!! If you know Neskowin beach, you know how very odd that is.
Occasionally the water would do this fast moving sucking out movement towards the sea, then huge waves would come rushing back to the rocks a few minutes later.
This is my dad, walking on the wet sand. He was having fun almost getting sucked out to sea. NOT FUNNY!!
I really thought I might get some video of my dad being washed out to sea. This is just one video of MANY, with him running back to the rocks.
Lily was climbing all over the rocks. I kept yelling at her to stay on the rocks. That was funny, because normally I am yelling at the kids to stay off the rocks when we go to Neskowin beach.
Jason and I sitting on Neskowin Beach the day after we were married! Look at all that sand!
Grandpa and Lily sitting on the rocks at Neskowin Beach.
This is a video of Lily and Grandma's victory dance, after beating me and Kylie at Cranium! (We took down our friends Christmas tree for them the next day.)

2 comments:
I love the picture of you and Jason! I remember that beach! Your dad took us there after you guys were married and off on your honeymoon. It was beautiful!
Isn't is amazing how something so far away can make an impact thousands of miles away!? It boggles the mind!
So true Julia!
Post a Comment