Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Nice Day For a Walk

We had some gorgeous weather last weekend leading up to Easter.  That put us all in a great mood.  We decided to walk to the school to pick up the kids on Good Friday.  Rather than the usual, driving to pick up.  The kids were really excited to come out of school and find us, with the dog and NO car!

It is about 1 mile between our house and the school.  There is a nice bike/jog path (Springwater Trail) that has an entrance about 1/4 mile from our front door, and their school is right off the path.  It makes for a very safe walk.

Jason and the boys resting about 1/2 way home on a bench placed at just the right spot on the pathway.

It's a good thing we had such nice, warm weather.  Right after this walk Jason left to go camping up on Mt. Hood in the snow with some friends.  He said it was freezing, but gorgeous.  I wish I had a picture of him in his snow shoes!  Thank heavens for that Sunshine.

Lily checking on Bennett.


Harrison walking up the very steep hill to our house.  His turn to hold the leash.

One last rest, half way up the hill.  It was so warm that we actually worked up a sweat and a thirst by the time we got home.

Jason trying to run up the steep hill.

Monday after Easter, the rain was back in full swing.  Karl spent most of his day like this, dreaming of sunnier, warmer days.  Poor Doggy!  He wanted to be outside so badly.  I would open the door and he wouldn't even step out on the deck.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

What a pleasant day. Those are the best. I have to say though, as much as I LOVE my amazing Grandchildren, I think my fav pic was of Karl looking out the window. Boy, that says it all.

Brooke said...

Oh man... Carl is so Freakin'cute!!!! I still have NEVER met him! Can you believe that!? I haven't once met him! I can't wait till I do... sigh... That looks like wonderful spring weather Corinne, and such a fun family time! Thank you for sharing! I miss you! I am heading into autumn now so I am lighting candles and bundling up and getting ready for... Halloween? DOPE! naw... not Christmas either... I am so confused.

Alyssa Phair said...

Cute post! I love the days when we actually have sun (you know, 1 in a 100) and our family gets to play outside together. Those are the best days. Glad you had fun, and that you made it up that HUGE hill :) and... poor Carl.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous, wish I was going camping with Jason to mount hood!

Kylie said...

I want this picture of Karl framed. Hahah, also, Lily is NOT checking on lil Bennett, she's shoving a sucker into his greedy little mouth!

Bailey said...

you guys are sooo cute. fer realz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...