Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Sunday

Finally Easter Sunday!!  We had a wonderful Easter this year.  It was a very spiritually uplifting day for me as I reflected on my Savior and the Resurrection.  I am truly grateful.  We had a great day carrying on fun traditions, being with family and friends, and remembering our Savior and his sacrifice.  The best part of the day for me was Harrison running up to me after church and exclaiming, "Jesus Came back to life after he was DEAD!!!!"

One of our traditions is to place Carrots by the doors for the Easter Bunny to nibble on.  This is also a good way for the kids to know which way he came in and out.  Harrison placed one by the front door and Maxwell placed one by the sliding glass door onto the deck.


The kids had a lot of fun searching all over for their baskets the next morning.  The Easter Bunny hides their baskets and eggs all over the house.

Bennett's basket was waiting for him on his high chair tray.  He was REALLY excited by it!



This year the kids all got some candy, a beanie baby, a new book and a quiet book for church.
Lily got Jane Eyre and she is REALLY excited to get to read that.  She's been wanting to for awhile.
This is a cool picture because Harrison is in the background punching his giant punch balloon.  Another one of our traditions is giant punch balloons and bubbles.  Those 2 things are always in the baskets.


Max got a cool pop up book about animal predators.


These are the really awesome quiet books that the "Easter Bunny" made for the kids this year. 
My friend found this link for them on another blog.  The blog has two new books that are New Testament.  I love all the designs on this blog.  Even if you are not LDS, I highly suggest you check it out!!!

Several of us got together to put them together.  It was a great excuse to hang out with friends.  We printed them at Costco as 4x6 photos and then mounted them on card stock and laminated them using home laminators.  We hand punched them and added the metal rings and ribbon for flair.  My kids LOVE them.  They have been a huge hit in Sacrament meeting the past two weeks.



Glenn and Lily making Monkey Bread for breakfast.

Bennett eating a chocolate egg for breakfast.

YUMMY monkey bread!!!!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

And why wasn't I invited for that Easter Bunny quiet book thingy? LOL Very cute, I may have to steal that idea.

Cindy said...

I love those kids. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...