Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Glimpses

First, some great news!  Glenn has been doing state testing in school.  He brought home his Science score yesterday.  To exceed expectations for his grade is 238.  He scored 241!!!  He has a very hard time testing, and we are extremely proud of him!


Bennett with Spaghetti Face - lately he really likes showing off his teeth.
The other night Jason and Glenn were doing the dishes together.  Karl, the dog, was licking up the seat and foot rest of Bennett's high chair.  He was having a yummy treat, thanks to Bennett.  Glenn said, "One of the upsides to having a dog is that they are willing to stick their tongues in places where you are not."

Showing off his teeth while swinging.

Last month Lily took part in the Spelling Bee at her school.  The top four got to move on to the district Spelling Bee.  Guess what!  She was one of the top four!  She did really well, but only the first place student gets to move on to the county bee.  The words were really hard.  One of them I had never even heard before!

Entremet - An entremet (or entremets, from Old French, literally meaning "between servings") is in modern French cuisine a small dish served between courses or simply a dessert.


Lily with her friend Joel, another contestant from her class.


Lily with the other 3 contestants from her school.

Harrison refuses to wear pajamas to bed.  So often in the mornings he ends up in his undies for awhile before he gets dressed.  One morning he was playing with his blocks and made a "choir book."  Those were his exact words.  I had no idea that he knew what a choir book was!  Here are some pictures with him singing with his blocks version of a choir book.



Last Sunday in church Glenn asked me to put my arm around him.  Often I feel overwhelmed while sitting with the family in church.  I told him that I just couldn't do that.  He could see the stress on my face and said, "Oh, well then I will put my arm around you."  It was incredibly sweet and brought tears to my eyes.  It really touched me.  A few minutest later I noticed that Harrison, sitting on the other side of me was getting really wiggly... again.  I turned to ask him to stop and noticed that Glenn's hand, whose arm was around me as he was sitting on the other side of me, was pulling Harrison's hair and sticking his fingers in his ear etc.  With this act Glenn cancelled out his sweetness.  Too bad.  I actually started laughing.  It was very funny. 

Abraham Lincoln said, "If I didn't laugh I should cry." I feel that way all the time. It is so much better to laugh. Laughter makes life easier and stress melt away.





Bennett chowing down on sweet muffins.

Peace Out!


4 comments:

Bailey said...

hahaha, glenn is such a freaking stinker. i like your kids though.

Cindy said...

You may have only one daughter, but she is beautiful enough for 5. What a looker!

Cindy said...

All photos of Bennett eating and/or showing his teeth make me very happy.

Alyssa Phair said...

I just want to remind you that Abraham Lincoln was shot. In the head. Never turn your back on those kids or they might shoot you in the back of the head with a Ritz cracker gun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...