Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Do You Have Any Ritz Crackers?

Years and years ago, when Glenn was just seven, we had a babysitter who made the three kids some chicken noodle soup.  (Yes, at one time we had only three kids!)  Glenn asked the sitter for some Ritz Crackers to go with the soup.  She looked and said she was sorry, but there were no Ritz Crackers.  Glenn jumped up and said, "Follow me!"  She followed him to the garage to the food storage shelves.  There were 5 boxes of Ritz crackers on the shelf.  He said, "We ARE the Ritz's!  We ALWAYS have Ritz Crackers!!" 

Even before I became a Ritz, I preferred Ritz Crackers to the generic grocery store brands of the same kind.  Whenever they are on sale I buy several boxes.  Recently I bought a big box of them at Costco.

Two weeks ago we vacuumed and cleaned out the cars.  Harrison helped.
Two days later I rushed home with the little boys.  I had ten minutes between running errands and picking up the older kids from school before rushing off to piano lessons.  I took Bennett and ran upstairs to start dinner.  Harrison was playing with his guys in the driveway.... or so I thought.  Ten minutes later I ran out, ready to speed off and found complete destruction!  Harrison had ripped to pieces the Transformers pinata we were saving for Maxwell's upcoming 8th birthday.  He had gotten into some gummy snacks and I found a total of 10 wrappers throughout the garage and driveway!  He had opened a box of Ritz Crackers and crushed them all over the garage and driveway!!!!  I swept up and did a 2 mninute clean up.  I then opened the van and found an even bigger mess! 

He had turned on my wipers and my lights, good thing I hadn't left my keys in there for him!  He had crushed Ritz crackers all over the van.  Ritz Cracker crumbs covered EVERY surface!  They were in the cup holders, on the dashboard, in every nook and cranny!




I was NOT happy.  As we were driving to the school to pick up the older kids, I asked Harrison if what he had done was fun.  This is what he did.
By they way, he's wearing all brown on purpose.  He wanted to look like Jerry
Bennett was really happy because he kept finding Ritz cracker bits to snack on in his car seat.

Bennett was happy about the yummy crumbs everywhere.



After we dropped off the older kids at piano, we came home and he had to sit in the driveway and watch me vacuum out the van.  He cried the whole time.  He wanted to vacuum so badly.  I think that's why he made the mess.  It was a huge headache and set me behind, but it was worth me cleaning up the mess with him watching and not allowed to help.  I felt really evil about the fact that I was laughing in the van while he was crying in the driveway.   I was able to laugh about the fact that he did all this because he wanted to vacuum so badly.

A week later I was Facebooking (HAH!  I just made up a new word!) in my bed on the laptop.  I was making a photo album for my mom for Mother's day on Facebook. There now, that doesn't sound so bad, right?  Harrison was watching Tom & Jerry downstairs and Bennett was taking a nap.  When I was about 10 minutes from being done, Harrison came upstairs and Bennett woke up.  I could hear them playing and so I kept working.  When I was done I went in there and found that Harrison had brought up some Ritz crackers and some scissors, to open them and got in the crib.

He also brought up some dried Mango's.

First he piled about 5 extra blankets/quilts in the crib.  That made the mess even more fun!



Bennett's cheeks were filled with crackers.  He was having so much fun with all the attention from his big brother!

Crackers all over the floor as well.


The pack of Ritz Crackers became a gun. 

Then the packs became special guns that could shoot with his eyes!

After I shook out the blankets and put them in the wash, this is what was left.  I had to vacuum out the crib before I could change his sheets.

I am seriously wondering now if the Ritz Family is going to continue buying Ritz Crackers.  We might take a break from them.  At least till Harrison has passed through this phase where he feels the crazy need to smash them everywhere!

7 comments:

Bailey said...

nevermind, harrison is the spawn of satan

Cindy said...

I'm so glad you the blog as an outlet instead of putting your hand through the wall! Just always try to remember what fun you are having!!!

Alyssa Phair said...

Can I just say, Corinne, you are an amazing mom with 100 times more patience then I have! If even one of these things happened at my house I would've FREAKED out and not been able to blog about it for fear of breaking my computer out of pure bottled resentment. Good for you for laughing through it all! I have a lot to learn from you, especially if we have 5 kids and even one of them is a boy! Hahaha I'll be venting to you in about 8 years when raising a line of pre-pubescent girls starts happening. I shudder at the thought...
You are AWESOME!

Amanda Davis said...

I love your stories.... I think maybe I need to blog more often about the crazy stuff that goes on here... maybe it will make my life easier to laugh at, or at least get other people to laugh at it!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

oh wow Corinne! You really do win the Mother of the Year award! If not simply because you ended up with 5 living children at the end of the day! haha! You are the best. I love your stories. Keep em coming!

Sherrie said...

I also love your stories! And I agree you are an excellent mother with a lot more patience than I think I would have had.

Julia said...

I was telling Brad about this post the other day at dinner. Hilarious! I think it's so funny that you made him sit there and watch you vacuum! I love your kiddo stories!

Check out my post Shout-Outs. I awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...