My sister moved to Australia eight months ago and married this awesome guy she met online! We have all fallen in love with him and want to be like him. One thing we love is the way he talks, not just his accent, but his phrases and different use of common words. As a family we mass email each other to keep others up to date. My sister in law in Colorado expressed an interest in wanting to learn how to speak Australian. So then Mick (yeah - that's my Aussie brother in law's name!) Sent an email with the "Aussie Word of the Day."
The word of the day was 'spewin.' Spewin replaces the word angry in a sentence. He used it in this sentence, "I was SPEWIN when I heard that Steve Correll was leaving The Office, because I love him." Mick started something. Everyone in the family started sending emails trying out the new word. I myself sent out an email. I am nervous about posting it on my blog, but my parents have both begged me plenty. And I have this overwhelming desire to obey them. So, here is my email all about me having a "Spewin" day mate. (I have slightly edited it)
One more note, before I post this email I wrote to those who love me most, and never judge... Please don't judge me for this. I know that I am not perfect. I am posting this because I figure all mom's have days like this and sometimes it is fun to read about it.
"I was spewin yesterday afternoon! I rushed home with the kids from piano, Bennett was crawling every where, Glenn was working diligently on his state project. He chose Pennsylvania because he thought that's where I was born. Harrison and Max were playing outside because my neighbors had a whole bunch of partiers over blasting music and taking over the whole culdesac. Lily had disapeared because she was mad at me for taking away the huge stick that she was trying to beat Max with."
"I was trying to make dinner, take out all the garbages and recycling for garbage day. Lily was supposed to take out he media room garbage and got mad when a couple pieces fell to the floor, so she dropped the can causing the garbage to go all over the floor. Then she really disapeared. I came upstairs at this point to find Harrison naked covered in mud from head to toe. Glenn was freaking out saying that Harrison had been on the front porch dancing for all the party people outside."
"Harrison and Max were playing in the back because I didn't want them in the front with all the Stranger Danger. Harrison turned on the hose and made a big mud pile to play in. Pizza rolls on the griddle were starting to burn. I told him to NOT go outside. I ran to flip the pizza rolls over, Harrison ran back outside, and hosed down Max. I ran outside after him and grabbed his naked little muddy body. I was SPEWIN!!!!! I hardly ever spank my kids. Well, I spanked his little naked muddy bum. After I spanked him that once I calmed myself down, brought him inside, threw him in the shower, got him in jammies."
"Lily finally shows herself again, garbage is still all over the media room. The smell of dinner was calling to her. I was Spewin again!! She asked sweetly, "What is for dinner?" I said sweetly, "I'm sorry, this isn't for you. If you can't clean up that garbage then I can't make you dinner." Then, she was Spewin too! She stormed down the stairs yelling, "I WILL NOT CLEAN UP YOUR GARBAGE!!" But then I heard her cleaning it up and taking it out. That made me laugh."
"At this moment Jason walked in from work, saw dinner on the table, Harrison & Max bathed and in their jammies, Lily taking out garbage, Glenn doing homework and me LAUGHING! So he was thinking "home can be a heaven on earth" or something like that! "Where we are filled with love!" The poor clueless man. I had fun filling him in."
So, how will you use the word Spewin? Have a great day Mate!
9 comments:
oooohhh....I want to use the word spewin. Let me make sure I have the pronounciation right though---sp-you-in? Is that right? I can't wait to use it in a sentence!
Hahaha!!! Julia, you got it right! Have fun using it!
By the way---"Well, I spaked his naked muddy bum." Best quote ever!
I do not judge you! We ALL have days like that! You know how when cleaning the house seems to get dirtier before it gets clean? I think it's the same with our homes; they have to be Hell before they can be Heaven. Opposition in all things right?
Oh Corinne... that was awesome :)
I LOVE IT! Don't be ashamed! I love love love love love it when mom's are honest. It makes us all feel normal, not alone, and so so happy to share the misery with others. Yes there is so so much more joy that comes from being a mother but we all have those days where we think WHY WHY WHY did I do this to my self... then we blink and they are so so sweet! Oh thank you for sharing and helping me not feel... alone!
The scene when Jason walks into "heaven on earth" makes me "spew" with laughter. Isn't that how it is.
I am so glad you posted this on your blog!!! I absolutely loved this email! Thanks for a second round of laughter.
I am so NOT spewin that you use the word spewin. Thanks for sharing the Aussie word of the day in such a spectacular way. It's what happens in the end that matters, right?
Post a Comment