We have been SO busy the last few weeks. I have some catching up to do in all parts of my life! The blog is getting caught up now!
Today was the last day of school! I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. On the one hand I am really happy to not have to set my alarm tonight. Yet the constant bickering and whining, that always comes that first week or two of Summer break, started two days ago.
I wish I had had a clear enough head yesterday to take out the camera. I am still not ready to laugh about it, but I know that certain readers of this blog would find it very entertaining.
I literally dragged the kids to piano lessons. Lily was in a bad mood to begin with because her teacher had given out homework every night this week, including last night!!! We pulled up for piano lessons, and Lily and Max had a fight out front of the teachers house, and I had to almost beg each of them to go in and do the lesson. Max never did. It was emotionally exhausting for me.
After calling my mom, locked in my dark room, in tears, I told Lily she could rip up the worksheet if she wanted. Thanks for advice mom. This conversation totally cheered Lily up! She didn't tear it up, and she happily sat down and completed the worksheet after dinner! I don't get it! Report cards were done! She was already on the honor roll! I was thinking about writing a letter to the teacher. But that really upset Lily because the teacher was retiring and Lily loves her! When I picked up the kids today, Lily sobbed big snotty sobs all the way home because her teacher won't be there to visit next year.
Changing the subject now. A few weeks ago, while Jason was working, the kids and I went to a friend's birthday party at a park.
Maxwell, Glenn and Lily with their party favors.
Amelia, the birthday girl, and Harrison.
Bennett really LOVED being out in the sunshine at the park!
Lily looked adorable in these glasses she found in the treat bag.
Last week, as I was getting the kids ready for the piano recital, two cop cars drove up and arrested our next door neighbor! It was a good show. I feel like we live in a nice area. Our Culdesac is peaceful, and the homes and yards are all kept nice. So this was a surprise. It was the mom they arrested. Apparently for shoplifting.
The boys all had their faces plastered to the bedroom window. She sat in the cop car, while the officers talked to her husband, and watched my boys watching her.
Harrison asked me if she got arrested for saying the word stupid. I answered, "Yes, she did."
Today he got mad at the Female British Voice on my hands free device in the van. He said, "She is SO stupid." Then, he asked me if he would get arrested. I told him no. Then, he asked if he was going to get hot sauce. I told him no. Then he said, "Mom, sometimes I feel like I am so stupid. Do you think I'm stupid?" I told him that I didn't think he was ever stupid! He then smiled and said, "I TRICKED YOU!!!" HAHAHAA!!!!! He laughed really hard. Here I was seriously worried about the lack of self esteem in my four year old! When really, he was just looking for ways to say 'stupid' without getting into trouble!
A couple weeks ago, while I was making dinner, I heard Bennett screaming. I went into the dining room and found this! I yelled for Max, who had been in there with Bennett. Max came in and I asked him if he had done this. He said, "Yes!" I asked why. He said, "We were just playing a game. We put him in jail. He is our prisoner!" So Max and Harrison had put him in jail, then left. Bennett was NOT amused!
To make it up to Bennett, I put him in high chair and gave him a pre-dinner chocolate chip cookie. Fresh and warm from the oven!
Cheered him right up!


4 comments:
Corinne! you are just such a wonderful mommy! Your kids are going to grow up having such wonderful memories of their childhood and all of the yummy things you cooked for them and all of the fun things you did together... I just wanted to say that... that's how I feel when I see your blog. :)
awe... i'm so happy for everyone in your family. except lily who called me a jerk.
still dont know how i feel about that.
Hilarious! I love that they put Bennett in jail. That kid is going to be so easy-going when he grows up!
My girls are starting to have little squabbles. I sometimes get really anxious about it, becaues I'm not always sure how to handle it, and they're only 16 months. I'm sure I'll have moments of crying in dark closets too :)
Stupid is one of my least favorite words. So funny you told him she'd been arrested for that. Harrison sounds like such a character!
I love reading about all your children as you celebrate and laugh your way through life with them, Cori.
It's really fun watching your life from a distance....hehe....
Post a Comment