Last week, with 5 days of school left, my kids all decided they wanted Summer Haircuts. It started with the boys. They all wanted different variations of a buzz cut. Maxwell wanted a mohawk, but a short one. I asked him, "Like Noah Puckerman?" He said, "WHO?" I said, "YOU know, Puck, from Glee?"
Just one minute there before you start judging! My kids and I love the soundtracks from Glee. Great music! And I sometimes have the kids watch some of the musical numbers from the show, because they are awesome!
So, Lily ran and grabbed one of the Glee CD's and showed Max who Puck was. He said that that was exactly what he was thinking about. At this point Jason walked in. My husband is very conservative in many ways. He was dead set against the idea of a mohawk. We compromised by doing the Puck-like Mohawk just on the top of his head, and not all the way down the back.
Glenn is a lot like his dad and wanted it all longer on top. I had to talk him into getting a buzz cut in any form. Harrison just wanted his head shaved, completely!
After cutting all 4 sons hairs (Even Bennett got a haircut, but not buzzed, because I didn't want him to look bald!) Lily begged for a short A-line haircut. Really this is a sign that she listens to and remembers everything I say about my own hair.
I've always cut Lily's hair, and I've cut a short A-line bob in her hair before, but that was 7 years ago, and pure luck that I got it right! Could I do it again? I was really scared, but didn't act it! Here are the results...
BEFORE
AFTER
Now we are ready for Summer!!!
5 comments:
Very cute. You did a good job. Sass has that hair cut too, but I had Sasha do it.
Oh my goodness! You are a talented rock star!
You did a fabulous job! I had 5 girls to practice on and you just have Lily so I am way impressed!
Holy Cow!! Amazing hair cut!!! You are the bomb dot com. Does Lily love it? She looks so fantastic.
BTW, I was TOTALLY judging when you brought up Glee. Can't even believe you would bring that kind of crap into your home. But, I love you anyway.... (I hope you know that I am totally and completely joking). Glee is the soundtrack I listen to while I am running. I love it!
ok corrine, i have read your blogs in the wrong order and discovered you are the magical hairdresser. that is cool. your kids look heaps cute. just wondering where is your summer buzz cut!
Post a Comment