Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Independence Day!!!!

Jason had to work this year on the 4th and 5th.  So the kids and I partied without him.  We started by attending the flag raising ceremony and pancake breakfast at the church. 
Bennett getting a lesson on walking from his friend 3 months younger!

Harrison guarding Bennett from all the chaos.


 Later in the afternoon we went to our friends house for a party/barbecue, decorating and launching water rockets, and fireworks.

I got a good laugh over Max and Lily crammed in this kiddie pool in the backyard with our friend.  Notice that Max needs goggles?

The kids all made and decorated 2 liter pop bottles into rockets for launching later on.


Then we ate LOTS of food! Luckily Jason made it over after work just in time for this part!


Alyssa and Amelia in front of the baked beans I made, and the salad that they made.

Peryn ready to eat some cheeseburgers!

Bennett met a new girlfriend.

After eating, we all went on a walk to a near by field to launch the rockets.  I gotta say this was a great plan.  It took up time while waiting for darkness, and the walk felt great after eating that yummy food!

Glenn with his All American Rocket, ready for launch!



Glenn pumping air into this water filled rocket.  All the kids had so much fun with this activity!


Harrison carrying his rocket with water to the launch site.

Harrison pumping air into the water filled rocket, getting ready to launch!



Harrison and his rocket - after the launch.
  
Bennett had so much fun playing in the field, with lots of attention from the older girls.



Bennett really enjoyed the show and had fun 'launching' this rocket off. 



Bennett was SO happy to be left on the blanket with some POP ITS!

Bennett loved these glow in the dark bands.  This was taken with a flash, so you can't tell how dark it was, and how exciting this was for him.

With the flash off you can see the glow in the dark excitement!

Watching Fireworks

 Sweet Peryn fell asleep.


Bennett went home early with Jason, so they could both go to sleep.  Then we got out the Carmel corn, and really started to party!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

hehehe....you didn't mention the REAL fireworks that came later. :)

Jody said...

your 4th celebration could have been taken right out of a Norman Rockwell painting..

The Allreds said...

looked like a "BLAST!!!" in more ways than one!!! it's fun for me to see all the fun you have! you're such a neat mom!

Brooke said...

Ah Corinne I just loved reading this! I love celebrating the fourth of July with you and Jason... I remember that one 4th when Kylie and I were up there with you guys because mom and dad went to Utah or something... I can't remember, but that was one of the funnest memories! I miss you soooo much! Bennett is getting soooo big! I can't wait to see you guys again!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Oh my gosh, Bennett's laugh is so cute!!! What a sweet little man. I miss you and your kiddos like crazy. Fancy a move to Colorado? Come on...everyone is doing it...

Emily said...

Looks like fun times!!

Carrie said...

I would LOVE to get some of these pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...