Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Rainy Day in NYC

Another day has come and gone.  I am sitting out on the balcony of our apartment we are renting for the week, enjoying the lights, sounds, and views of the Williamsburg bridge and the Manhattan skyline. 

We woke up today to find gray skies and a forecast looking bleak.  Kylie wasn't feeling well, to top it off.  We decided to hurry up and get out.  Kylie had a meeting in Manhattan for school.  Mom and I were going to drop her off there then venture out. 

Mom and I right before leaving this morning.


The view off our balcony. 



Walking to the subway.  One thing I LOVE is the diversity and the visual melting pot of all kinds.  I find it fascinating and I try not to stare too much:)


Mom and Kylie waiting for our train.


After leaving Kylie to fend for herself mom and I took the subway to Lower Manhattan to see the sites around Ground Zero.  I really wanted to visit St. Paul's.  We walked into the church right as a service was starting.  It was beautiful and amazing to be there!


The church was built in 1766.  It has a very rich and Colonial history.  George Washington was inaugurated in NY.  Afterwards he came here to pray.  The churchyard is filled with the coolest and oldest looking tombstones I've ever seen.



A Picture of a Picture - This  is what the inside looked like the days after 9/11 happened. 


A Picture of a Picture - This is what the churchyard looked like in the recent days after 9/11.


It was raining off and on all day.  For the most part we went without the umbrellas, but occasionally we had to pull them out in a hurry.


Little Italy was our next stop.  I LOVED it there!
We ate a delicious lunch.  I gotta say, hearing everyone around you speaking in Italian and having your waiter call you a 'Bella Serina' made the food taste even better!



After eating we wandered a bit and saw some really cool shops.  This company makes all kinds of fresh pasta's.  We really liked the window display.


Next stop - Central Park!  Why not go to the park in the rain?




This was by far my favorite bench in the park, at least that I saw.  I plan on making reservations here some day.


Looking back on today I realize what a serene and peaceful day it has been.  We visited some of the most lovely and even reverent parts of the city.  St. Paul's, Little Italy and Central Park are perfect for a rainy day in NYC.

3 comments:

Cort said...

I have not been on anyone's blog even my own for about seven months. I'm so glad I went to yours!!!!! What a great time. Don't worry about the weather....it only matters who you're with.

Jack said...

Haha! So when you said "here's kylie and mom waiting for the train", I thought you were referring to the picture above of the two, fat Jewish guys chatting. I thought, man that's really mean of Corinne!

Julia said...

Love the pictures of the cemetery! I love cemeteries--walking through them, hanging out in them. I find them so peaceful!

It looks like you guys are having so much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...