Yesterday was a packed day! We did SO much FUN, touristy stuff. Today, and the rest of our days here will be more layed back, now that we got that stuff done, and checked off our list.
Along our way we met some really awesome, fun people, and had a blast chatting it up.
In the morning, as we were wandering around Brooklyn, between subway stops, looking for the right one to use, we ran into some "Mormon" Missionaries!!!! We were really excited! They totally helped us find our way! Thanks Elder's!!!
In the afternoon we went on one of the NYC double decker tour buses. We rode the whole loop which was about 2 hours. It was totally worth it! We got to see all of lower and Midtown Manhattan on the tour we bought. It was good and helped us get a good feel of the whole city, and orient ourselves with our surroundings.
Our tour guide was a little wacky and crazy. He REALLY liked my mother! Mostly because she laughed at all his stupid jokes. It was a good thing my sister Kylie and I were there to protect her from his ways:) At the end of the tour he asked us if we had a tourgasm!!!! We had a good laugh.
After the tour we ate dinner in a little pizza/sandwich shop. It was delicious!!!! I had a sandwich called "The Midtown." It was a toasted Turkey with BLT sub. YUMMY! Mom and Kylie both had some NY pizza. (I had eaten a delicious $1 slice of Pizza earlier in the day.)
While we were eating we noticed a table of tall, stick thin creatures with very pretty faces. They were eating salads with NO extras - meat, cheese, dressing etc. Two of them had accents and we thought, "They've got to be models!" My mom and Kylie really wanted to know, so I went over and got to talking with them. There were models! The one on the right is a native New Yorker, the other two were from Holland. They were super nice and sweet. We had a great conversation, and they let me take their picture! HAHA!! I know I put them in a situation, but oh well! It was fun and now I can prove it all to you! :)
After dinner we went to the top of the Empire State Building. I loved it! It was really amazing to be up there and see that view!
On the way down we ran into some Aussie's!!! And not just ANY Aussies! They were "Footie" Players on a professional team from Brisbane!!!!! Hey, Mick! How you like them apples?
For those of my readers who don't know, my sister is married to an Aussie and living close to Brisbane with her adorable husband. He is a huge 'footie' fan. (Also known as Soccer!) We were really excited to meet these guys. We explained about Mick and told them what a huge fan he is. They were really nice and let us take their picture!
***Mick if any of this is incorrect, please correct my ignorance so I can edit this post properly:)
And those are some people we met! I wonder who we will meet today as we ride the Staten Island Ferry, visit Ground Zero and relax in Central Park.
______________________________________________________________________________
I will do more extensive and detailed posts once I get home. For now I will just highlight different experiences.
1 comment:
Sorry to disappoint but I don’t know those footballers. They do look very cute though.
Post a Comment