Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Friday, August 12, 2011

What about HP7P2?

Harry Potter Seven Part Two
Around here we love Harry Potter.  That has not always been the case.  No one in this house had read one of the books or seen one of the movies before last Summer!  I know, we avoided it for a long time!  My siblings have been trying to get me to read them forever!  I always said, "No thank you it's not my thing."  I also said, "I'll read them when my kids are older and read them."  I never actually intended to follow through with that second statement.  

Last Summer Lily was greatly encouraged by my little sister, her Aunt Bailey, to read the first book.  I'm pretty sure that Bailey tricked her into it by reading it to her, late at night in bed, till Lily was hooked enough to carry on.  That is exactly what Bailey did to me.  We were on a two week road trip with the kids.  I drove and she read to me.  By the end the first book was finished, and we had started the second book.  
By the time HP7P1 came out in November, we owned all the movies, Lily and I had read all 7 books, Glenn was on book 3 and Max had all the sudden decided to 'like' reading.  For Lily's birthday on November 2, she received the box set of DVD's, movies 1-6.  For Christmas Lily received the box set of books.

We are now a Harry Potter Family.

I went to the midnight showing last month with my friend, Carrie.  The next night, still considered opening day, my mom and I had the great pleasure of taking Glenn, Lily and Maxwell to see the final chapter.

Carrie and I way excited for the movie to start!

Looking tired....



It was SO fun to take these kids and enjoy the experience with them!

4 comments:

Bailey said...

OH MY GOSH. those pictures of the kids are the most precious things i have ever seen. im so happy did you guys finally read the books. and yes, i may have tricked lily into reading them, but not in the way you think. i pretty much gave her a REALLY liquefied version of the entire story- just so she'd be interested enough to start it up. although, now looking back on it, i'm pretty sure she was just doing it so she wouldn't have to go to bed. what can i say? i always let them stay up if they're doing something i approve of.

best babysitter?

YES.

Carrie said...

Can't remember how to spell my name so you spell it different everytime?? LOL

Julia said...

I love this! Brad and I are both Potter-heads! I can't wait till the girls are old enough to read these books to them!!

I have a list, actually, of all the books I'd love to read to the girls one day. Anne of Green Gables, Chronicles of Narnia, The BFG, Ralph and the Motorcycle.... I could go on. It's exciting to think about :)

Emily said...

I just started reading them last week on vacation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...