I haven't given my readers any Glimpse's into my life recently. I think it is time to share some more of the crazy!
Today was a really hard day. My mom and Paige left this morning, who have been living here for a month. In a small way it's nice to be back to normal, but really I'm just sad. Their move to Colorado is final. I spent most of my day crying. There was a mess up with Jason's paycheck, so that stress was going on in the back of my mind all day, and Harrison was a complete crazy person in Costco. So it just makes sense that I would run into the PTC president of my children's elementary school while checking out at Costco. Just lovely.
Tonight we went to a potluck at the church. I was muttering to myself all the way there, "So stupid, why are we doing this? This will be a disaster...." Well, as far as church activities go, this one turned out to be great! The kids sang Christmas Carols on the way home and Harrison asked if we could drive around and look at Christmas lights. My fault. I started it by telling Jason I wanted to host a Christmas Caroling Party this December. Glenn (12) decided now would be a good time to start warming up.
Speaking of Glenn, he is turning into an amazing young man. Today Max saw me crying in my room. At that moment it was over the fact that I didn't want to make a dessert and go to the potluck. He ran around the house yelling, "Mom's crying!" Glenn came running up, put his arms around me and said things like, "It's OK mom, take a deep breath. We don't have to go, you don't have to make a dessert. I can get the kids cereal." I think he will be a great husband someday to some emotionally unstable woman.
I am a bit unstable at the moment. (It is moments like this, when I share so much, that I think maybe this blog should be private.) I think that normally the thing with Jason's check and my mom leaving for good would be hard, but manageable. But not when I'm pregnant. Last week, at my first OB appointment for this pregnancy, my doc did an ultrasound and found that everything is looking good. It amazes and tears me up every time. To see that little heart fluttering and brain with spinal cord developing is really incredible! Sadly, the baby kind of looked like a gummy bear and I have seriously been craving gummy bears all week! I'm trying really hard to ignore it.
I asked Harrison last week, while he and Bennett were in the bath, "Are you going to help me with the new baby?" He shrugged and said, "Sure." Then, he said, "It better be a girl! I will name her Shelley!" I said, "OK, and how will you help me?" He said, "I will teach her to not touch her penis." Can you tell what frequent and recent conversation has been taking place between us has been lately? He seems kind of obsessed with it all. I REALLY hope it is a phase and it ends SOON! I am running out of ideas on how to deal with it.
Lily was chosen, by the teachers, to be Co-president of the student body at her school. There is a boy and girl chosen. She is loving being a part of student government. Her other big news is that she got a part in Gresham H.S.'s "The Sound of Music." She is really excited to be working with them a second year in a row.
In funny news on Lily - she told me she was concerned for her friend Abby, who went Goth over the Summer. She added, "I should've known it would happen. Last year she was a Goth Angel for Halloween." I was laughing so hard! I asked her if Abby is still nice and making good choices. She said, "Yes." I asked her if she was going to continue being her friend. She said, "Yes." I said, "OK, good. I think you should."
Lily and I have great and fun conversations these days.
And now onto the weekend -
- General Conference
- Jason is working 5am-5:30 pm on Saturday.
-Glenn is going to his first Priesthood session with a friend and his dad.
-I am in over my head with apples, peaches and pears. I think I will be canning tomorrow while I listen to conference. It actually sounds kind of nice. Hopefully my kids let this happen. :)
And now good night.
Today was a really hard day. My mom and Paige left this morning, who have been living here for a month. In a small way it's nice to be back to normal, but really I'm just sad. Their move to Colorado is final. I spent most of my day crying. There was a mess up with Jason's paycheck, so that stress was going on in the back of my mind all day, and Harrison was a complete crazy person in Costco. So it just makes sense that I would run into the PTC president of my children's elementary school while checking out at Costco. Just lovely.
Tonight we went to a potluck at the church. I was muttering to myself all the way there, "So stupid, why are we doing this? This will be a disaster...." Well, as far as church activities go, this one turned out to be great! The kids sang Christmas Carols on the way home and Harrison asked if we could drive around and look at Christmas lights. My fault. I started it by telling Jason I wanted to host a Christmas Caroling Party this December. Glenn (12) decided now would be a good time to start warming up.
Speaking of Glenn, he is turning into an amazing young man. Today Max saw me crying in my room. At that moment it was over the fact that I didn't want to make a dessert and go to the potluck. He ran around the house yelling, "Mom's crying!" Glenn came running up, put his arms around me and said things like, "It's OK mom, take a deep breath. We don't have to go, you don't have to make a dessert. I can get the kids cereal." I think he will be a great husband someday to some emotionally unstable woman.
I am a bit unstable at the moment. (It is moments like this, when I share so much, that I think maybe this blog should be private.) I think that normally the thing with Jason's check and my mom leaving for good would be hard, but manageable. But not when I'm pregnant. Last week, at my first OB appointment for this pregnancy, my doc did an ultrasound and found that everything is looking good. It amazes and tears me up every time. To see that little heart fluttering and brain with spinal cord developing is really incredible! Sadly, the baby kind of looked like a gummy bear and I have seriously been craving gummy bears all week! I'm trying really hard to ignore it.
I asked Harrison last week, while he and Bennett were in the bath, "Are you going to help me with the new baby?" He shrugged and said, "Sure." Then, he said, "It better be a girl! I will name her Shelley!" I said, "OK, and how will you help me?" He said, "I will teach her to not touch her penis." Can you tell what frequent and recent conversation has been taking place between us has been lately? He seems kind of obsessed with it all. I REALLY hope it is a phase and it ends SOON! I am running out of ideas on how to deal with it.
Lily was chosen, by the teachers, to be Co-president of the student body at her school. There is a boy and girl chosen. She is loving being a part of student government. Her other big news is that she got a part in Gresham H.S.'s "The Sound of Music." She is really excited to be working with them a second year in a row.
In funny news on Lily - she told me she was concerned for her friend Abby, who went Goth over the Summer. She added, "I should've known it would happen. Last year she was a Goth Angel for Halloween." I was laughing so hard! I asked her if Abby is still nice and making good choices. She said, "Yes." I asked her if she was going to continue being her friend. She said, "Yes." I said, "OK, good. I think you should."
Lily and I have great and fun conversations these days.
And now onto the weekend -
- General Conference
- Jason is working 5am-5:30 pm on Saturday.
-Glenn is going to his first Priesthood session with a friend and his dad.
-I am in over my head with apples, peaches and pears. I think I will be canning tomorrow while I listen to conference. It actually sounds kind of nice. Hopefully my kids let this happen. :)
And now good night.
5 comments:
Can I come help you can? I think that was one of thr most hilarious blog posts I've ever read! It may just be that it's 3am but I love seeing peeks into your life! "Don't touch you penis, Shelley!" Sounds perfect! Let's hope you don't have a hermaphrodite though... I'm sorry you're having a hard time! We are still here and just minutes away!!
-Alyssa
I'm sorry about your mom and sister leaving. Having family leave is just about one of the hardest things to have to do in my world. You're blog post was hilarious. I think you'd be surprised how many other families have crazy days where the question their sanity and abilities in raising a family. You're a good mom! You get much more accomplished than I do in a day...or while watching conference. Have a great weekend! Miss & love ya lots:-)
I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations Corrine!
I laughed out loud at your bathtub story. (We've had plenty of similar converstaions at my house lately.)
Hope your peach pie filling turns out well. Yes, if you like it, steal and post away! (Someday soon I'm gonna try your pear pie recipe because, well, I have a few pears on my hands right now.)
you probably won't see this comment! but...this was such a good catch up! 1) i didn't kno wyou were pregnant! THATS GREAT! 2) Glenn is a stud. What a boy. 3) I can't believe their doing Sound of Music! That is teh absolute best! 4) i am still 2 blocks away when i come home! you're such an inspiration to me!
Post a Comment