We had a wonderful weekend relaxing as a family as we watched and listened to General Conference. I feel refreshed and renewed after hearing all the inspiring words from our church leaders.
On Friday afternoon Harrison came and found me hiding in my bathroom. He rolled around on the floor in my bedroom, whining about the scary dream he had the night before. In a really whiny voice he said, "Mom, I had a nightmare last night." I was uninterested, and just mumbled, "Oh, really?" He went on, continuing to whine, "I lived in a slob family." My ears perked up a bit, "Oh, really?" Harrison, now sounding scared and whiny, "The mom was so scary." I looked at him, he looked at me. He looked really worried. He went on, though I could tell that he was very nervous about telling me the next part. "Mom, the slob mom was you... You stopped exercising and you turned into a slob." Yeah, go ahead and laugh. I sure did!
Harrison's sweet smile. Sunday morning session of conference.
Then, he wanted me to take a picture of his feet. I didn't and he got mad. So then, I took a picture of his feet, and he was happy again.
We always stay in our jammies for the Sunday morning session and eat Sticky Bums and Fruit Salad. It's a good tradition.
1 comment:
Great traditions! I love it all!
Post a Comment