Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Hill's are Alive!

Last year Lily was very excited and grateful to get a part in our local HS musical.  They put on Suessical the Musical.  It was fantastic, and she had a blast with it being her first time in a show like that!  

 Last Year Lily played a boy, a Cadet carrying a butter knife sword.  She did not get to sing, just march, act and say some lines with the group.  She loved it every minute of it!

Backstage with Dad.  Sorry it's blurry.

 On closing night Jason brought her some flowers backstage after she had changed.


She got the taste in her mouth for it, and was thrilled when we heard that the HS was doing the Sound of Music this year, and were holding auditions for children once again.  There were a lot of girls her age who auditioned.  The directors had a very hard time deciding.  They kept narrowing it down through 3 call backs!  After the third call back the director called me personally to say that she really wanted to cast Lily but she was too tall for the spot they needed to fill.  She asked me if Lily would mind participating in a much smaller part.  They wanted to use her as one of the music festival contestants at the end.  

Lily was bummed at first, but then began to realize what an honor it was that they wanted to use her so badly that they made a part for her.

Backstage after a performance, in the costume shop with some of the shows seamstresses in the background.  They made her costume, and the director told me it was her favorite in the whole show.  I really love it too.  Lily thought it was most fun to play a girl, and wear a blond wig.


 She was very excited to sing this year.  It was all in German, three part harmony and part of it was acapella.
When she told me all that I was really nervous, and worried about her doing this.  I really wanted her to do well.  I was SO proud on opening night when she came out, and held her own.  She did great!  Everyone in the show was fantastic!

I asked her is she had more fun this year or last year.  She said this year because she got to sing, wear a prettier costume and hang out with the teenagers backstage way more.  Her third reason worries me slightly, but I am not surprised that this is how she feels.

The photographer on set caught this one of her waiting around.  I love this picture, it is SO Lily!


 This is a small portion of her part on stage. 

4 comments:

RitzFamilyHappenings said...

Yay for Lily. How fun! I wish we were closer and could come and watch:-)

Unknown said...

Wow! Talent runs in the genes! I am very impressed. I would have loved to try to come see. Let me know when her next performance will be. I MISS YOU!!!

PS. I called you on your birthday, did you get my message??? Love you!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Wow! Lily is amazing! Following in her mother's footsteps. She looks beautiful in her dress. I love that picture of her on the steps. I wish we lived closeby so we could see her on stage!

Bailey said...

i wish sooooo bad i could have seeen this. also- everyone keeps saying "following her mother" and i was thinking that too- but about the part where you said she wanted to spend more time with her senior friends...give me a break.! could she be cuter???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...