Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Friday, November 18, 2011

Labor Day 2011

It was super great to have my mom and sister Paige with us for Labor Day.  I just couldn't go any further with my 'catching up' on the blog till I did this post to show how much fun we had on Labor Day. 

It was only four days after mom and I got home from NYC, so it was extra nice to go up on Mt. Hood to Trillium Lake for a relaxing day with the kids.  They started school the next day.

 Max, Jason, Karl, Glenn, Lily and Harrison

Gorgeous View

As we were getting ready to leave, and packing up our food, Harrison was begging to bring food to feed the ducks.  I really didn't feel like using a loaf of bread for that purpose.  My mom decided that popcorn would work, so she popped a bag of her own popcorn so the boys would have something to feed the little duckies with.  Of course, Harrison really wanted some popcorn for the humans too, because who can resist that smell?  So my mom popped a second bag, and Harrison asked her to write "Human Popcorn" on the bag so we wouldn't get the duck bag and the human bag mixed up.

Bennett really liked the "Human Popcorn" - that was a good appetizer to the J-Dawg's we grilled.
 This place is so fun.  Many people were out in little paddle boats and canoes.  Several others were swimming, there were lots of swimmers out in the water as well.  The kids had too much fun.

After eating Bennett noticed two things - 1. The Human Popcorn was gone and 2. All the kids were playing in the water except him.  Grandma helped him get ready for the water.

 She played with him too, to get him feeling comfortable with the sand and water.  It only kind of helped.

Bennett was unsure of the sand and water.

 Bennett likes to point at things, have you noticed?  I didn't even put in all the pictures I have from this day of him pointing at the water. 

 But then he got the hang of it.  He learned that it is really fun get sandy and wet.

 I love this picture because he is pointing at the water to mom and grandma, and looking back at us to get our attention, but we are oblivious!

 Oh well, I'll just show Auntie Paige how cool the water is, since mom and grandma won't look!
Karl LOVED the water!

Princess Lily

 Now it's time for a nap.  The End.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

oh my I am excited to live in this glorious place! so much prettier than Oklahoma:)

Unknown said...

Bennett is getting WAY TOO BIG! How did that happen???

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

haha! Loved the pointing from Bennett! Esp with you and mom in the background, totally oblivious. Your kids are getting so big!

Bailey said...

I WANT TO GO TO THERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...