Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

School Days

 Lily and Maxwell outside their school on their first day.  September 2011

Maxwell starting Third Grade!!!  Already to learn new things!

 Lily starting the Fifth Grade!!!  
The staff chooses 1 boy and 1 girl from the fifth grade to be Co-President's of the Student body.  Lily was the girl they chose.  She is really having a great time serving in student government.  She goes to a lot of meetings and gets to make speeches in classrooms and assemblies.  She is a super hard worker.

Glenn heading off to his first day of middle school!  I have been so nervous about it!  He is doing great!  I don't know why I was so nervous.  He has way more self confidence than myself or Jason at his age, and we are constantly in awe of him!  
He has had to deal with some bullying this year, with one kid in his PE class in particular.  That kid loves to tell Glenn how much he sucks at sports, and it's always said with the 'F' word in there somewhere.  One time the kid even kicked a soccer ball into the back of Glenn really hard.  He spun around and said, "What the freak!"  The kid sneered and told Glenn, "You really suck at swearing."  Glenn has told the PE teacher about it, so the kid apologized.  The next afternoon Glenn came home and said, "Well, he has no idea what an apology is because he was back at it today."  

About a week later he got in the car after school and cheerfully said, "Well, I was bullied today."  I said, "Oh, Great!  How did that go?"  And he smiled and said, "Oh, you know, I beat the kid up."  Then he started to laugh really hard, and so did I.  He has such a great sense of humor about it.  The crazy thing is that Glenn is #7 on the top ten list for sixth graders running the mile.  The bully never bugs Glenn on fitness days.  Glenn is very fit.  He only bugs him when they are playing sports.  I think the kid might be jealous of Glenn, because he's gotten a lot of attention in his PE class for running.

Maxwell's first homework assignment was to decorate his book box.  He wanted a BYU box.  He had SO much fun putting it together.  He told me that he's sick and tired of going to a school where everyone is a Duck or a Beaver and no one is a cougar.  He was really happy this year when the Cougars came to Oregon and ate the Beavers.

I spend my days with these two adorable boys running errands, playing, cleaning and laughing.

But our favorite thing is going to OMSI.  We went there the first week of school.
We mostly spend our time in the little kids area, where the big kids don't like to go.  Harrison and Bennett LOVE having me all to themselves.

 
The other thing the little boys LOVE is having daddy all to themselves on his days off.


Two mornings a week Harrison goes to preschool.  Bennett really hates those days.  Apparently he thinks being alone with me is boring.  He will often be very upset watching everyone leave him in the morning.  
Here is some video to prove just how sweet he is, and how much loves his big brothers and sister.

 

 

2 comments:

Kylie said...

OOOOH my gosh! That is SO cute!!! I just watched those videos like 5 times each! ADORABLE. I am soo sad I am missing him grow up, :(

Corinne Ritz said...

SSSOOOO cute!!! I love how both videos end with his foot. From lily

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...