Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Sunday, December 4, 2011

And now he is Five!

"And now you are five, so clever, so clever.  I think you should stay five forever and ever."
Usually the little poem is for six year old's, but that is how I feel about my five year old Harrison.

The day he was born.

First Christmas!


7 months old

11 months old.

And now he is all grown up!
 Harrison brought my camera to me and said, "I think you should take a picture of me."  So I did.

Harrison was born just two days after Thanksgiving.  So his birthday always falls within a few day before or after Thanksgiving.  Last year it was ON Thanksgiving Day.  He hasn't noticed yet, but it's hard to do any kind of special dinner, cake and or party for him.  This year his birthday was the day after Thanksgiving.  Jason was going to be working, so the kids and I made fun plans.

We started the day with pie for breakfast.
Bennett and Harrison really liked the pie for breakfast.

After cleaning up a bit, and getting out a few Christmas Decorations, we went to JJ Jump.  It is a 4,000 sq. ft. warehouse type of place filled with jump houses and other fun things.

Glenn dueling.

Max saying HI!

Lily saying HI!

Harrison having a blast!

Bennett was in heaven!  I got really tired just following him all over the place.

Lily should win the "Sister of the Year" Award.  She was very helpful with Bennett on the bigger features.

 Lily and Glenn hanging out on the zip line.

After JJ Jump we came home, and Harrison got to open his presents.
I love this picture.  Bennett is pointing - his favorite thing to do.
Star Wars Bath Set.


Present #2 - Some guys with planes (That is the official name of the toy.)


My beautiful Children!

I felt kinda bad about the fact that he didn't get to choose his dinner, and didn't have cake.  When I was tucking him in on his birthday, I realized we hadn't even sung Happy Birthday to him.  So I sang it to him for a lullaby.  He LOVED that.  He asked me if I was excited that he is five now.  Well, of course, I am!

On Sunday, 2 days later I made a dinner that he loves and some yummy birthday cake.  We took time to make things special for him.  On Saturday, when I called all the kids in for lunch and everyone started dishing up plates of leftovers and heating them up, Harrison exclaimed, "Why do we keep eating dinner for lunch!!!"  He was sick of the Thanksgiving leftovers just after 2 days.  On Sunday Jason asked me why I was making a special dinner and not just re-heating the turkey soup.  I told him how I felt bad for Harrison etc.  Then, Jason told me that I am a horrible mother (especially considering that we never even sang Happy Birthday to our 5 year old!)  Glenn was in the kitchen with us.  Glenn picked up on the joke and added, "Well don't feel too bad mom, you might make it to the Celestial Kingdom (heaven) still."  We all laughed.  Uh, thanks Glenn... I think...

 For dinner we had Chicken Parmesan with Salad and Garlic Bread.  His cake was a Chocolate cake with Peppermint ice cream filling. It was all nicely frozen with a chocolate ganache frosting.  I gotta say, it was DANG good!
Can you see his super happy face?  This made the extra work ALL worth it!




Things about Harrison age 5 -
  1. He still loves to cuddle with mom.
  2. He always says in his prayers, "Please help me to be a nice brother."
  3. He makes really crazy faces, and makes us laugh every day.   
  4. He is very likeable.  Recently a girl in our ward (church congregation) was playing Truth or Dare.  She said she really hates playing, and was pressured into it.  She took a truth, and the girls asked her to name the guy who she thought was hottest in the ward.  She really didn't want to answer that.  After thinking for a bit, she yelled out, "Harrison Ritz!!!"
  5. He says really funny things like, "I really love the baby in your tummy even though I don't know what the stupid baby looks like."  
  6. He loves to learn new things, like how to spell his name, and how to tie his shoes. 

Happy Birthday Crazy Harry!!!!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh Corinne he is sooooo freaking funny... I have to admitt that Harrison is one of my all time favorites. He is so funny and sweet and silly and I just love that crazy kid! You are a WONDERFUL mom! Your kids are sooooo blessed to have you!

Paige said...

I really loved that list of things at the end but not as much as Harrison will in a few years...but not yet since he can't even read the stupid thing!! (That was meant to be a reference to what Harry said about the baby in your tummy...in case it didn't come across.)

Also, Bennett is totes crossing his eyes in on the pictures of him and Harry have pie for breakfast. Just saying. It made my day.

Corinne Ritz said...

Yes, I know he is crossing his eyes! That is why I made it one of the bigger pictures in the collage! And Yes Paige, I totes got the reference:) And thank you Brooke for the nice comments about what an awesome mom I am. I hope to make it to heaven:)

fezik said...

This is Kristin- I loved all the faces! He is such a character! That cake looks amazing. I really wish I could snag a bite of it. That "stupid baby" comment made me laugh out loud. I miss you and your kids. I hope to be in heaven with you. Teach me how you do it.

Kylie said...

WHOA! Your kids have grown SO much! What?! I seriously feel like it was just yesterday when little Harrison was born! Look at how little all of your other kiddos look in that picture! WEIRD! I just hadn't realized how old they are all getting! Too crazy! Wow. I love Harrison so much. Also, your right, that pic of Bennett pointing to the present was hilarious. I definitely laughed! He's turning into a little boy instead of a baby! Time for another one!

Lisa Fox said...

Love your post Corinne! It's crazy how fast they grow up and he still has so much to go but you just wish you could pause them huh? I love when kids make comments like that about going to heaven...just makes me laugh and think how sweet they are! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...