Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Monday, December 5, 2011

Day of Graditude

I usually forget to take pictures on Thanksgiving because I am so dang busy in the kitchen!  But this year I was determined to take many.  I don't know if I achieved that, but there is definite improvement from years past.  

 I was kinda dreading this Thanksgiving.  For me the day is about gathering together with those you love and feasting in celebration for all the blessings we've been given.  Sadly our family has all moved away in the last few months, and we couldn't travel this year.  We invited 3 family's and none could come!  We ended up begging one of them to PLEASE come!  It was super nice of them to come and be with us, even though they had to leave and go eat dinner with their family before coming back for pie.

We started the day off with Jason taking Glenn and Max the our ward (church congregation) turkey shoot.  In other words they were "shootin' skeet."  Lily stayed here to help me.  She helped me by not getting dressed, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and sneaking into the kitchen for Muddy Buddies. 

Our friends the Phair's came over with their adorable 3 daughter's.  Alyssa brought rolls.  She went way out, and they were delicious!  Jason carved the turkey.

The table, minus the corn pudding.

The Turkey

Harrison with his girls, Peryn and Amelia.

 Feasting.

Of course, there has to be drama at some point.  He's crying because he doesn't want to wait for pie!

Glenn with his beloved coconut cream pie.  It was my favorite pie this year!  Glenn did a GREAT job with it!

PIES!  I post the Thanksgiving menu on the fridge, and each kid has to sign up to make a dish for the feast, and a pie for dessert.  Harrison signed up for pumpkin, Maxwell did cherry and Lily made the Chocolate Chess pie
 Our friends brought a super yummy double layer pumpkin pie.  Other pies we had were Pear, Peach and Washington Nut pies.

So our day ended up being quite wonderful.  It was really wonderful.  The best way to end the day was a Skype call with my sister in Australia as she was prepping her Thanksgiving food for their big dinner on Saturday.  Harrison and Bennett really liked talking to her.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Corinney Roo! That was wonderful to see and read! I love you and miss you so much and I LOVED being able to see all of these pictures and to feel like I was there with you! I can't wait to see you soon!

fezik said...

That was great! Your food looks incredible! I love that all the kids get to help. You are such a good mom. -Kris

Kylie said...

CUTE! Your Thanksgiving looked awesome and delicious! I miss you Corinne de la Corinne. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...