Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Aussies Arrive!!!

 
On December 14th, my sister, her husband Mick and her two daughters arrived from Australia.  After not seeing them for over a year, it was a very exciting enjoyment!  Their first night they were dying for some Sushi, and so they treated us to a divine dinner!


The next morning we drove down to Monmouth for Esther's baptism.  It was a very eventful and long day. 
Lily and Esther on her baptism day.

On Sunday afternoon the girls got to come stay with us for a night.  We were thrilled!  I think Esther was way more excited to see Karl than she was to see any of us.

Sunday evening we had a relaxing time down in the family room, with pellet stove burn, and the tree lights on.  
Esther, Brooke, Mick, Lucy
 Esther showing us her headstand.  She is really good at them.  She loves taking gymnastics.  All my kids were impressed with her skills.
 Bennett trying so hard to do a headstand.  He was very interested in learning this new trick.
 Bennett sitting with Brooke while watching and learning from Esther.
 After a bit Max and Esther started to wrestle.  It was crazy!  They were pretty evenly matched.  Max is 3 weeks older than Esther.  This was fun to watch, as they were both giggling their heads off!

Max pinning Esther.  After this we stopped them.  I was starting to worry that they would slam and burn on the stove, or knock the tree over.

















On Monday morning we ate a yummy pancake breakfast.

After eating we headed up Mt. Hood for some sledding.  We had a FUN day!
 Glenn and Lily
 Lily

 Glenn

 Maxwell

 Glenn and Mick.  Mick had SO much fun!  He was like a kid out there in the snow.  The kids all had a blast playing with him.


Bennett wanted to ride down the hill SO bad!  But I was way too nervous to let him.




Harrison, getting cold now.

Mr. Karl had the time of his life!

Brooke and I spent most of the time in the warm van with Bennett and various other kids who needed to warm up.  We had snacks and a movie going.

On the way home.  Notice that Harrison is in the back seat alone?  That is how we travel, whenever possible, he gets his own bench.

Watching a movie, and Karl.

Max and Esther came home and dug into the carmels.   YUM!

 That morning during the pancakes Mick said, "I miss barbecue sauce."  So I made ribs for dinner.  They were a huge hit.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Corinne! We had soooo much fun with you guys and I can't wait to come back for more! Thanks for posting all of these pictures!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

That sushi boat looks amazing! As do the ribs. What a fun trip. We are going to miss them so much too. I can't believe we don't get to see them till next next summer. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...